Ashes Cricket General Discussion

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Okay, so shot attributes don't matter at all.

but how do BA get away with all this? Third iteration now!?
By getting Maxwell to wear Mo Cap Suit and make video of him playing switch hits etc , but Ross Always Swears it is the most authentic Cricket experience everrr with the exception of ball passing through the bat occasionally.

Hester

County Cricketer
By getting Maxwell to wear Mo Cap Suit and make video of him playing switch hits etc , but Ross Always Swears it is the most authentic Cricket experience everrr with the exception of ball passing through the bat occasionally.

...and not being able to see the ball properly in most cam settings but especially broadcast.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
here's the video of the AI dismissals from the innings i mentioned earlier.

Hi,

can you please let me know the ground name you are playing on ?
also i heard earlier that there is an issue that all the logos will be deleted if we play on created grounds. is that not causing any issue to you ? I am playing only on on-disc grounds because of this issue. Can you please let me know how we can play on created grounds without getting logos deleted ?

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hi,

can you please let me know the ground name you are playing on ?
also i heard earlier that there is an issue that all the logos will be deleted if we play on created grounds. is that not causing any issue to you ? I am playing only on on-disc grounds because of this issue. Can you please let me know how we can play on created grounds without getting logos deleted ?

Hi mate. It's wanderers.

Ive got an issue with the ground in that for some reason in this match the crowd sound has disappeared. Also at one end there are a load of trees and the game stutters on ps4 at that end. If you download that ground I'd recommend deleting some trees before playing in it.

I've not had any issue of logos disappearing.

I should say however before starting this tour I deleted all data including teams and logos. I then downloaded only these 2 teams (their logos and stadiums etc. were part of the download.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Okay, so shot attributes don't matter at all.

I don't mean to be overly dramatic, as it is only a cricket game after all, but how do BA get away with all this? Third iteration now!?
I can understand that they don't matter given that you don't play shots, you choose the direction you want the ball to go and the AI best interprets that into a shot. For the most part it works. I could live without the prod shots but they only happen when I play on the front foot and at 45 degrees to fullish balls. I don't know if the shot types have absolutely no influence but it doesn't seem like it's a big one. From what I can tell it's Footwork and Control that are most important. I'm still not 100% sure how much impact judgement has.

If the shot types are completely irrelevant then keeping them there must be either cosmetic or a con.

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I can understand that they don't matter given that you don't play shots, you choose the direction you want the ball to go and the AI best interprets that into a shot. For the most part it works. I could live without the prod shots but they only happen when I play on the front foot and at 45 degrees to fullish balls. I don't know if the shot types have absolutely no influence but it doesn't seem like it's a big one. From what I can tell it's Footwork and Control that are most important. I'm still not 100% sure how much impact judgement has.

If the shot types are completely irrelevant then keeping them there must be either cosmetic or a con.
I think the shot type stats should dictate how well you can play swinging/seaming deliveries or even just good/perfect balls. For instance if the AI is bowling good/perfect the balls outside off and you are continually trying to cover drive it maybe the shot type slider could directly describe your chance of middling the ball, so if say Steve smith has 98 drive ability, he has a 98% chance of middling it where as a jimmy Anderson with 7 drive ability has a 7% chance of middling it. If you don't get the percentage swing then you edge it or play and miss

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Adding on to this the ball quality should effect these percentages, so a good ball directly reflects the batsmens percentage, an OK ball raises that percentage by 15%, a bad ball raises it by 30% and maybe a perfect ball drops the percentage by 20%

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I think the shot type stats should dictate how well you can play swinging/seaming deliveries or even just good/perfect balls. For instance if the AI is bowling good/perfect the balls outside off and you are continually trying to cover drive it maybe the shot type slider could directly describe your chance of middling the ball, so if say Steve smith has 98 drive ability, he has a 98% chance of middling it where as a jimmy Anderson with 7 drive ability has a 7% chance of middling it. If you don't get the percentage swing then you edge it or play and miss
They seem pointless so I'd sooner just get rid rather than repurpose.

I'd sooner see something more creative like clearly defined individual Strengths, Weaknesses, Preferences. Strengths that provide a boost to confidence, judgment, control in match - weaknesses the opposite. Kind of the same principle as your suggestion.

I think Jimmy might fancy he has a higher than 7% chance of middling a drive.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
You know players that appear to have eye shadow - is it usually blonde players? I changed the skin tone of some players I noticed suffering from it and their eyelashes match the eyebrows, so it could be a colour clash of eyebrows against skin tone.

D

Deleted member 185125

You know players that appear to have eye shadow - is it usually blonde players? I changed the skin tone of some players I noticed suffering from it and their eyelashes match the eyebrows, so it could be a colour clash of eyebrows against skin tone.
I have seen that almost for all skin tones.

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW @BigAntStudios When hitting the ball straight to the infielder and if the slow-motion field stop shows up the... fielder cannot throw the ball immediately because the ball throwing meter doesn't work. It's always a guaranteed easy single. Please fix this. Thanks. :)

20180126164453_1.jpg

20180126164456_1.jpg

Last edited:

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm on ps4,just checked the credits tab in the game and I'm playing version v0.1.0.1.0407 is that the latest version of the game and if not how do I update it?

tarrantino

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
5333C16C-DC30-4762-AFEB-EAD9D9D6AA61.png

Well I’m really not sure what to say here. I batted through to the last session on day 2, thought that should be alright and I could bowl Australia out here. No.
It became a painful exercise where no matter what I threw at them, no wickets came off. I did drop a could of catches but they because super efficient. As soon as their confidence went green I was out of luck. They batted until 20 overs on the 4th day when the game was over anyway.
The pitch was pretty lifeless as it was a hard dusty one but not sure it it was my bowling too. I’d always mix length, in and out swing and mix up spin as well.
I only hope I can have a match in the third test rather than a bore fest.
Confidence certainly is an issue as Cummings and Starc got over 60 in their innings. They went green and were smashing it everywhere. I had them around 3.6rr but they’d always go for a hit as many experienced

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Which attributes should I lower to get more bowled and LBW? (Not the prod bowled, but a genuine beating of the bat).. I normally play on veteran, hard bowling

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread