Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Part-Time Jaffa

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have just had the worst fielding performance of my life. T20 and Eng finished 5/206, biggest AI score I have seen yet by far, but jaysus I think I just gave them 60-70 runs with some outright comical & admittedly poor fielding.
A few things from my set up really bit me in the ass. Playing manual fielding in broadcast without field marker enabled. Playing in fixed cam for bowling and my bowlers automatically changing their width on the crease on me. No bowling hud.
Saw my first 7 of the game as a simple single to deep cover was thrown back and forth for overthrows lol very raw manual fielding atm
In for a lot of fun with this chase

AliKhan215

Club Captain
Why do we have a bug reporting thread if bigant wont patch the game? I learnt to play backfoot short ball on online. but when the bounce is too low on the bouncer, he just gets out bowled or gets hit on the body. They look same but one could be bouncing very high and next one could be bouncing too low. how to play??? (online)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hence me saying I did something to them which gave me 5-6!

But his question was what attributes to alter, not has anyone done something to attributes to achieve x amount per over..??

Your vagueness makes zero sense?

D

Dutch

has a new pc patch been confirmed or is it all about tennis now?
The word on this street says that the rubbish needs collecting and aside to that, we might see some movement the coming week.......based on a gut feeling and reading between several lines.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
But his question was what attributes to alter, not has anyone done something to attributes to achieve x amount per over..??

Your vagueness makes zero sense?

I meant it’s poasible, I don’t no which one did it. But i did ‘something’ to make it happen. So it’s possible.

I know exactly what he was asking.

But people were saying shot attributes don’t make a difference. Something definitely does.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
5333C16C-DC30-4762-AFEB-EAD9D9D6AA61.png

Confidence certainly is an issue as Cummings and Starc got over 60 in their innings. They went green and were smashing it everywhere. I had them around 3.6rr but they’d always go for a hit as many experienced

For my money, Starc and Smith are Australia's 2 best bats. I'd say Starc is a similar player to Warner but better. He loves smashing it about and rarely makes any mistakes.

Sounds like your 2nd test was similar to mine. I won by about 50 runs late on day 4 with Australia making 560 or so all out batting last!!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I meant it’s poasible, I don’t no which one did it. But i did ‘something’ to make it happen. So it’s possible.

But people were saying shot attributes don’t make a difference. Something definitely does.

Ah you are being clear now, thanks

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

My feel is it's general ability, judgment and footwork.

Shot attributes are pointless. A low ability e.g. for drive neither means the AI will drive less nor edge it more when they do. I don't think it materially affects how you can play that shot as a human player either.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
My feel is it's general ability, judgment and footwork.

Shot attributes are pointless. A low ability e.g. for drive neither means the AI will drive less nor edge it more when they do. I don't think it materially affects how you can play that shot as a human player either.

Which is mad isn't it. To think that someone sat there and got paid to code it in, and coded it to do absolutely nothing. BA have resurrected cricket gaming but they are the strangest company ...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Which is mad isn't it. To think that someone sat there and got paid to code it in, and coded it to do absolutely nothing. BA have resurrected cricket gaming but they are the strangest company ...

Yup. I imagine it's a difficult one. Let's say there's batsman with very low drive skill.

How should the AI play if the code is avoid shots the player is poor at and I bowl everything full on 5th stump. Same if I'm a player facing that bowling should I have shot choice so constrained?

A very fine line between exploitable and no stats impact.

Users who are viewing this thread