Ashes Cricket General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You know exactly what he meant ;)

Random rubbish such as...

After months of videos and hours of montages, begin to get a littttle bit annoying.

As annoying as posts like that are - and believe me I appreciate you're sentiment, I have tons of people on ignore from my time in beta - they are a tiny minority.

We're allowing the forum to be defined by a tiny minority irritants.

There are tons of guys here who love a good discussion about the mechanics and process and give great stuff. We have plenty of guys who may not want to go deep in to that but just want info. We have a few twats and a very few trolls.

Somehow we've let that morph into a narrative - the forums are too negative so BA don't post and the feedback is too negative so the beta won't post...

It's a real shame.

Kass D

County Cricketer
Instead of having a go at each other how about you just talk about the game.
Cant agree with you more their. For me its just EGO. Nothing else. Getting back to the game i am ok with BA taking their time. It may sound unfair to most of us who dont even feel like playing the current biuld. But last 2 patches didn't do much for the game

Wealey

ICC Board Member
As annoying as posts like that are - and believe me I appreciate you're sentiment, I have tons of people on ignore from my time in beta - they are a tiny minority.

We're allowing the forum to be defined by a tiny minority irritants.

There are tons of guys here who love a good discussion about the mechanics and process and give great stuff. We have plenty of guys who may not want to go deep in to that but just want info. We have a few twats and a very few trolls.

Somehow we've let that morph into a narrative - the forums are too negative so BA don't post and the feedback is too negative so the beta won't post...

It's a real shame.

Yeah I completely agree... but I only post to please the lads who are interested, when it’s just pages of crap I essentially have better things to do with my life haha!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I often find there is a group of posters who are genuinely interested in the process and have an important part to play as it helps ‘us’ to focus on issues and try to get it right.

They are also able to make a distinction between their opinion of Big Ant and its processes and the beta members. I enjoy these interactions where people who have sound cricketing and or gaming knowledge have a positive and objective input with respect and dignity.

Unfortunately there are also a bunch of toss pots who think the sun rises out of their own arse.

I think a showcase thread might be a good idea where only beta members can post? And feedback given via Pm?
To be honest I wouldn't want you guys to go to the trouble, have expectations raised too high only for it not to work out. Remember the excitement around release and how that turned out.

That being said, maybe a stream/recording of a session and sharing that make be good. Post it and then leave people to digest over it.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I think a showcase thread might be a good idea where only beta members can post? And feedback given via Pm?
Something like conversation feature where we can decide who all can join the conversation, we need a similar feature for thread with authority only for beta to post and share their experience with the patches as they go on..

Kass D

County Cricketer
Lol and thats how dictatorship starts. Its cute that people think i cant talk about cricket. Reminds me few selectors i had the pleasure of dealing with in SLBC.

Kass D

County Cricketer
Anyways beta boys i am a bigger man and a older one as well. I never meant to attack personaly anyone. Maybe i came out in a wrong way. All i wanted to do is give you productive feedback. It comes from a little bit of cricket i played for about 20yrs including first class and playing cricket games for about, well about 20 yrs. I apologise for all of this. Ill try to be clear and constructive when giving feedback from now on. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread