Ashes Cricket General Discussion

D

Dutch

So I wanted to post this screenshot because I am enthusiastic about the game and see with each build new steps forward, and I still believe in the many good souls here who just want the game to be good and any patches to bring the game forward because they just love cricket and want to leave the dreary politics of it all to one side.

A lot still needs to be done but progress is steady and good.

I will NOT answer any: has this been fixed questions. Anything relating to the scorecard or the description below that I can answer I will try to do so.

I have bowled every ball of this innings: its a dry hard pitch and I am playing on pro/hard mode with default settings except for the bowling speed which is very slightly higher (55 I believe instead of 50)

First session: New ball was zippy but caused few problems, a couple of edges that flew but no chances: the ball doing nothing laterally. Lots of bounce, but true bounce, no movement. I even had the slips and keeper back for the first time ever in this game! AI played sensibly, Warner more aggressive than Bancroft but no slogs of any sort.

Second session: Anderson gets some movement (reverse swing?) after about 35 odd overs and in a relatively short time takes out Bancroft, Khawaja and Warner: Warner a beauty because he reviewed and lost the decision on umpire's call. Handscomb was a weird one....he slogged one straight down mid-off's throat......was undecided if it was the ghastly shot to mid-off we all know...but in the replay he hit it much higher because he genuinely mis-timed a shot.....benefit of the doubt on that although why he was trying that at that moment is a bit suspect.

Rest of the second and the third session and the first session of the next day the pitch became more and more placid......Broad got some extra bounce around the 65th over which died down again and the new ball was zippy but only allowed Smith and Marsh to use the pace well to accumulate.....I tried everything: short stuff (Smith top-edged twice for four behind the keeper), full length, attacking, defensive, teasing the drive, the pull, the hook........I have had a third man in as a defensive measure as they are playing down there and any edges are zipping through and over the slips.

The first hour of the fourth day has been all Aussie. I am now going to see if there is something there for Ali. He only bowled seven obvers on the first day as there really was nothing for him: I am curious to see how this match develops and it is great to see AI taking control of a match on a good and flat track with a true bounce.

I consider myself quite good at bowling in the game and try to have fields and lengths and lines in a form of plan.

AI ran lots of singles and twos and threes as I went a little more defensive, playing into gaps and running where they could.

20180310225539_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I will NOT answer any: has this been fixed questions. Anything relating to the scorecard or the description below that I can answer I will try to do so.

Does this include queries about certain updates on whether certain issues are being tested or not? I refer to my earlier question on limited overs field setting. Not whether it's fixed but rather if it's being addressed or tested presently.

andrew36

School Cricketer
Can we have video of fielding and catching
Just wondering has fielding/catching that improved
Do some pitches wear quicker than others

angu

School Cricketer
There is an big issue you canot play helicoptor shot to leg side direction , if i tried to hit helicoptor shot leg side player is playing some other unorthodox shots.

if you fix like this it will be better to play:-

unorthodox
shots like scoop , helicoptor shots are too dificult to play in the game please make use of specific (ps4 joystick) left stick analog button to play each and every unorthodox shots individualy.

example :
[1] lower left analog stick for helicoptor shot and then we make use of right analog stick to hit helicoptor shot to any direction .

[2] upper left analog stick for scoop shot and then we make use of right analog stick to hit scoop shot to any direction.
@Dutch

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
There is an big issue you canot play helicoptor shot to leg side direction , if i tried to hit helicoptor shot leg side player is playing some other unorthodox shots.

if you fix like this it will be better to play:-

unorthodox
shots like scoop , helicoptor shots are too dificult to play in the game please make use of specific (ps4 joystick) left stick analog button to play each and every unorthodox shots individualy.

example :
[1] lower left analog stick for helicoptor shot and then we make use of right analog stick to hit helicoptor shot to any direction .

[2] upper left analog stick for scoop shot and then we make use of right analog stick to hit scoop shot to any direction.
@Dutch

It isn’t necessarily something that needs to be fixed as it is a reflection of an intentional design choice (nor do I think it classified as a big issue).

All of the shot controls and animations need to be balanced, and opening up the leg side to the helicopter may introduce undesired results. Given the helicopter shot is typically reserved for down the ground in reality anyway, it seems relatively balanced/realistic as it stands.

There are also existing unorthodox shots that allow access to the leg side already, so it’s also not an issue of part of the ground not being accessible

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Do the fast bowlers feel different to each other? like some are hit the deck kind , some are skiddy , some swing it more than others etc?

Users who are viewing this thread