Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Anyways beta boys i am a bigger man and a older one as well. I never meant to attack personaly anyone. Maybe i came out in a wrong way. All i wanted to do is give you productive feedback. It comes from a little bit of cricket i played for about 20yrs including first class and playing cricket games for about, well about 20 yrs. I apologise for all of this. Ill try to be clear and constructive when giving feedback from now on. Cheers

You do realise, that this still contains a sly dig haha.

Maybe it is a language thing...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Again in was an idea, a suggestion and a question. A way of trying to create a space that took account of the factors you mentioned in your own post.

there are tools such as the ignore button that people can create their own filter. you can follow individuals to see their posts. the mods could actually mod...

if we close down discussion, we are saying that BA (or any developer) are right not to engage with us, because the forums aren't worth engagin with even between members. that's a really bad message in my view

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I often find there is a group of posters who are genuinely interested in the process and have an important part to play as it helps ‘us’ to focus on issues and try to get it right.

They are also able to make a distinction between their opinion of Big Ant and its processes and the beta members. I enjoy these interactions where people who have sound cricketing and or gaming knowledge have a positive and objective input with respect and dignity.

Unfortunately there are also a bunch of toss pots who think the sun rises out of their own arse.

I think a showcase thread might be a good idea where only beta members can post? And feedback given via Pm?
I get the sentiment around the idea of a restricted thread...we get the info we crave, the beta testers avoid having to deal with unwarranted criticism. However, I think it would cause further problems because a) it sort of puts an onus on the beta team to post stuff on a frequent basis and deal with responding to multiple PMs when they may have better things to do and b) it undermines the point of a forum, where one can hope to engage in intelligent debate.

I would rather any off-topic or inappropriate post was just deleted or moved to a special 'rubbish' thread where only people who wanted to wade through a mire of ill-founded opinion, invective and egregious ramblings need ever visit. Although, in the context of the internet in general, PC is really not that bad.

I would like to know how things are going with the beta testing...but I also understand that there is no obligation on the testers to do so. We will all get access to the update at some point...and, in the meantime, the game is still playable and, for the most part, enjoyable.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
8 pages back people are telling you to calm down. kass d is a bit of a troll here also.

I'm no longer replying to non cricket stuff. Go to gamefaqs if you want to troll.

people who couldn't understand an obvious joke. so again, please retract.

D

Dutch

Anyhoo I shall see If I can post something later: you might remember that game I showed the screenshots of? Where on a dry pitch the ai scored without loss till lunch and after lunch Anderson got some lateral movement, perhaps reverse swing? Well the pitch flattened out again and Smith and Marsh currently both have centuries in a 200 plus partnership. So seam is pitch condition dependant although seam on a grassy pitch needs to be toned down. I will see if i can post a little batting session so that people can see the new timing. I cant promise anything as things are full on in real life at the mo.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Any updates on testing of limited overs cricket? It seems presently, ai don't utilize 5 men outside the circle in during the last powerplay in odis. I know field settings have been reported to be improved significantly, but is this also the case with limited overs? Thanks.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
When you say pitch flattened, is it visually clearly visible? As in ball does nothing off the pitch and comes on nicely on the bat?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Anyhoo I shall see If I can post something later: you might remember that game I showed the screenshots of? Where on a dry pitch the ai scored without loss till lunch and after lunch Anderson got some lateral movement, perhaps reverse swing? Well the pitch flattened out again and Smith and Marsh currently both have centuries in a 200 plus partnership. So seam is pitch condition dependant although seam on a grassy pitch needs to be toned down. I will see if i can post a little batting session so that people can see the new timing. I cant promise anything as things are full on in real life at the mo.

It would be very interesting to see how a late game (4th and 5th day) behaves for seamers - is there seam movement off cracks, variable bounce etc.

Kass D

County Cricketer
What i would like to see is bounce dyeing as the game gose on for 4th and 5th day. And bit more turn as well. I think it already is turning as the putch gets older. But i do like the idea of AI can bat the player out of the game.

Thieves

Club Captain
Would love to c maybe a bowling video as well, if it has been worked on in any way?

Also hoping that the ps4 pro issues have been fixed. Devilliers looks more like Duminy right now.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I note that Wealey and Dutch are annoyed with people derailing the positivity they have for the direction the game is taking and the information they are sharing from the beta. I have an idea. This is just a "general discussion thread". It's being treated like this is the whole forum right here.

If however, they open a new thread, something like "Beta Team - Progress Thread" and start putting all their great new info exclusively in there, then people will flock to that.

If Post 1 says something like, "We are not here to endlessly theorize on Big Ant's game development, all such posts will be removed", then they would have full power and right to remove the annoying "negativity" that some people feel for the game from that thread.

It would become the more go to thread with the most new posts, but also be completely limited in what they consider "rubbish".

Thieves

Club Captain
I enjoy this thread. I find some people's senseless and nonsensical posts to be quite funny. Doesn't take me long to browse through the dumb stuff.

The gameplay feedback and certain peoples insights about the game as well as cricket in general really is interesting to me. Frankly those are the only things I remember.

I love this thread , it's not perfect but I love it.... reminds me about how I feel about a certain game called ashes...

Users who are viewing this thread