Ashes Cricket General Discussion

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
@Dutch @WealeyH
Its really bad for us if you guys stop posting the updates. But i can also understand how it feels for a person who is really trying to bring positivity.
Everyone needs to understand that bigant is working and trying to fix the things. The proof is the constant steam updates that beta group is getting (3 updates in the last week).
I m really happy with the current progresss eventhough it doesnt hv my most waiting fix broadcast invert batting issue. We also needs to understand that its a game and they cant fix each and everything. Bigant is trying their level best with the resources they have and i still believe they will do their best to make it a good game.

Kass D

County Cricketer
All in all. Beta testers we appreciate. Just dont take it so personally becouse i dont think any of us are frustrated with you guys. Its no use fighting on this with beta guys or PC staff. Cant we all just try and get along for a change

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
First of all they need not bring any positivity..Its not a way to show everything is fine and when patch comes many would jump about some stuff not fixed or tweaked...They need to post their experiences which they have been doing really well also @Dutch 's pros and cons concept after every match is the best thing they should be doing which they are..We also need to accept the fact that some issues are there to stay and wont be tweaked enough to remove them from the game as they may be game engine related..So what they have been doing is really good..They need to show the positives and also the negatives as you wont reach 100% game anytime which is the case for all the games..
So if they avoid the need to respond to posts which they dont feel is good to respond then just avoid...Stopping it might be the next possible thing but I dont know whether it can do any good to how the game turns out...

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
It’s not personal I know that, again I don’t care..

But fundamentally it is a complete waste of our time really posting stuff.

None of the positive stuff gets noted.

@Spoobir your prod shot has been mentioned on numerous occasions. No one has mentioned it because there’s no news on it!

And your right none of what we have said is visible in a screen shot, but unless you believe us again it’s pointless in us posting...

Kass D

County Cricketer
It’s not personal I know that, again I don’t care..

But fundamentally it is a complete waste of our time really posting stuff.

None of the positive stuff gets noted.

@Spoobir your prod shot has been mentioned on numerous occasions. No one has mentioned it because there’s no news on it!

And your right none of what we have said is visible in a screen shot, but unless you believe us again it’s pointless in us posting...
Thats not really fair mate. We see the positive things . With the biulds your playing game looks really different to what we play. But, in beta testing or bug fixing isn't it important spotting bugs and taking about it. People here dont appriciate your work is simply NOT True

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018

For the first point: Then why not just say "it's still there but on our radar" when it comes up? Multiple times and myself and other people have just been blanked when asking about it. If you're not hiding something then don't act like you are...

For the second I completely agree, it is pointless you posting unless you're actually going to show some visual improvements. This isn't DBC17 where the AI couldn't make a total and you couldn't get a batsman out bowled or LBW. A few post-innings screenshots or edited videos of nice wickets doesn't tell me anything. I already know the AI can make decent totals and I have loads of nice wickets on my own youtube channel from the unpatched game. Pretty much all the problems with Ashes is about how the AI plays the innings, so that's where I would like to see the improvement.

So yeah, if you're spending hours editing a video I'd say don't bother wasting your time and just upload the raw footage.

D

Dutch

People need to realise that we post stuff here to try and bring about some positivity: there is a beta forum with 20 threads and hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of posts about bugs, fixed, tweaks, wishes, Wealey’s soft erotic “photography”. Anybody who thinks for some daft reason that the beta thread here is the beta thread is naïeve to the point of silly. We share stuff to bring about some positivity and because we are enthusiastic. If every single time people want to shit on that you get to a point that you say: okay time to spend my energy on other stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dutch

For the first point: Then why not just say "it's still there but on our radar" when it comes up? Multiple times and myself and other people have just been blanked when asking about it. If you're not hiding something then don't act like you are...

For the second I completely agree, it is pointless you posting unless you're actually going to show some visual improvements. This isn't DBC17 where the AI couldn't make a total and you couldn't get a batsman out bowled or LBW. A few post-innings screenshots or edited videos of nice wickets doesn't tell me anything. I already know the AI can make decent totals and I have loads of nice wickets on my own youtube channel from the unpatched game. Pretty much all the problems with Ashes is about how the AI plays the innings, so that's where I would like to see the improvement.

So yeah, if you're spending hours editing a video I'd say don't bother wasting your time and just upload the raw footage.
Hiding something.....man I have appreciated a lot of your stuff and I respect a lot of your comments but feck me......well at least you have the poster of BlockerD on your wall to drool over....

Spoobir

Hiding something.....man I have appreciated a lot of your stuff and I respect a lot of your comments but feck me......well at least you have the poster of BlockerD on your wall to drool over....

I know you usually read my posts and you specifically chose not to even acknowledge that one (and then answered 2 people that asked questions after mine). You just said you are only trying to bring positivity to the forum so I don't think it's farfetched for me to think you're pointedly avoiding talking about something negative.

So in essence. I'd rather have honest information, not cheerleading. If it's cheerleading or nothing, I'm fine with nothing.

D

Dutch

I know you usually read my posts and you specifically chose not to even acknowledge that one (and then answered 2 people that asked questions after mine). You just said you are only trying to bring positivity to the forum so I don't think it's farfetched for me to think you're pointedly avoiding talking about something negative.

So in essence. I'd rather have honest information, not cheerleading. If it's cheerleading or nothing, I'm fine with nothing.
Dear oh dear oh dear.....honestly you are so far up your own arse you can clean the back of your own teeth. Its a cricket game, a mad silly video game.....we are not talking Russian meddling in other countries elections here......I have no idea even which post you are talking about.

Spoobir

Dear oh dear oh dear.....honestly you are so far up your own arse you can clean the back of your own teeth. Its a cricket game, a mad silly video game.....we are not talking Russian meddling in other countries elections here......I have no idea even which post you are talking about.

You're the one who consistently loses their shit over this "silly game" and forum. Maybe check yourself mate.

I'm just calling it how I see it. When it's been a pattern of beta testers ignoring questions about a certain issue and then it arises that the issue hasn't been touched, it just make the old noggin start joggin is all. Really activates those almonds.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Not sure who said it yesterday but the boundaries for the women's T20 definitely need pushing out. When they can hit 80-95 metre sixes (I have an inkling this might need reducing) it seems pointless having anyone on the boundary. I think India have hit more sixes than I get against me in the men's matches.

Spoobir

Not sure who said it yesterday but the boundaries for the women's T20 definitely need pushing out. When they can hit 80-95 metre sixes (I have an inkling this might need reducing) it seems pointless having anyone on the boundary. I think India have hit more sixes than I get against me in the men's matches.

Is there a way you can create women's matches with bigger boundaries like you can men's? Might be worth trying out.

Kass D

County Cricketer
You're the one who consistently loses their shit over this "silly game" and forum. Maybe check yourself mate.

I'm just calling it how I see it. When it's been a pattern of beta testers ignoring questions about a certain issue and then it arises that the issue hasn't been touched, it just make the old noggin start joggin is all. Really activates those almonds.
Am afraid they just cant see it. BA have done something to these guys . They talk about people being so nagetive, while being nagetive to people. You know what they say; BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE.

Users who are viewing this thread