Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Had this quite a few time in the last match I played. It get triggered for lofted shots. Got 4 of my batsman out in the same fashion. The same animation does kick in for aggressive and precise shots as well. I hope the prod shot can be removed for human batting as well.

As I said earlier, this was a go-to shot for people to score quick runs earlier (especially abused online). Just a little prod and the ball ran away for four or six. I wish they did not go the other extreme and make it completely useless but I prefer it this way than earlier.

D

Deleted member 185125

As I said earlier, this was a go-to shot for people to score quick runs earlier (especially abused online). Just a little prod and the ball ran away for four or six. I wish they did not go the other extreme and make it completely useless but I prefer it this way than earlier.
I mean a better looking animation would do. Like a lofted square drive with a follow through or something. Moreover, if the timing is ideal it should give results.

Rhone

International Cricketer
@blockerdave @Spoobir

So assuming they fix the swing issues, what are your views on this patch? Does it improve the game and make it more playable? Debating weather I can deal with the frustration of playing it again.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
@blockerdave @Spoobir

So assuming they fix the swing issues, what are your views on this patch? Does it improve the game and make it more playable? Debating weather I can deal with the frustration of playing it again.

What frustrated you so much about it before? Then I can say whether those aspects are better.

Rhone

International Cricketer
What frustrated you so much about it before? Then I can say whether those aspects are better.

Easy batting, no edges when batting, lack of leaving the ball options, shot inputs wonky (square cut to point, straight drive with cove drive animation etc).

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Easy batting, no edges when batting, lack of leaving the ball options, shot inputs wonky (square cut to point, straight drive with cove drive animation etc).

Hmm well I have only really batted one 50-over innings so far so a bit of a limited experience.

I'd say batting should be a challenge now if you bump the difficulty up. Unfortunately there are no new leave animations as far as I'm aware and things like the aggressive cut going over mid-off are still there.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave @Spoobir

haven't played it enough to comment. i think the cartoonish seam is every much as big an issue as the lack of swing, so if only swing was fixed and sliders couldn't reduce the seam, i wouldn't play the game.

i've seen hints of the mentality improvements which if they are proven will be a big improvement.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
First Match as Bowling side Against AI , at Hardest Bowling and legend

AI Score

upload_2018-4-27_21-44-57.png[DOUBLEPOST=1524845771][/DOUBLEPOST]First Match as Bowling side Against AI , at Hardest Bowling and legend

Staresblank

Club Captain
Is anyone still getting loads of byes and wides from short balls? Already had 30+ batting in one session.

I think the pitch was dry and worn. I presume it was a hard pitch but I can't quite remember.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
haven't played it enough to comment. i think the cartoonish seam is every much as big an issue as the lack of swing, so if only swing was fixed and sliders couldn't reduce the seam, i wouldn't play the game.

i've seen hints of the mentality improvements which if they are proven will be a big improvement.

Finch is 53 (47) and Khawaja 14 (52). AI vs AI in my Ashes test. I'll put the full scorecard up later. Cook was 40 off 58 or something, but only because they had the field up and bowled poorly, there was no slogging from him, unlike Finch.

It's strange me trying to convince other posters that mentalities are great, rather than the other way around.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Finch is 53 (47) and Khawaja 14 (52). AI vs AI in my Ashes test. I'll put the full scorecard up later. Cook was 40 off 58 or something, but only because they had the field up and bowled poorly, there was no slogging from him, unlike Finch.

It's strange me trying to convince other posters that mentalities are great, rather than the other way around.

They are clearly there and sometimes extremely obvious..

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
As bowling is really good in the current patch, can anyone help me on bowling?
I am using classic controls and i m making sure that input circles are green but still batsman are smashing me all over in limited overs.
Am i doing something wrong?

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Love bowling in this new patch and with the swing to be added back it's going to be sick. The batting on the other hand can get in the bin. So frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread