Ashes Cricket General Discussion

rkishore1986

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Out of curiosity just asking can't we change the feiding hub direction. At the moment I can see it's setup for the broadcast cam

angad

Chairman of Consent
Really good match!! Loved what I saw! Also that Six from Butler in the last over....that is the most realistic six I have seen in any cricket Game!!!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Really good match!! Loved what I saw! Also that Six from Butler in the last over....that is the most realistic six I have seen in any cricket Game!!!
Man they got 216 for a chase of 244 target..DAMN IMPRESSIVE...Taking singles when going to fielders long is the only thing which seemed like needed some work but apart from that AI tore the player off lol..

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I haven't read all the related posts but once I read the word VGChartz I had to chime in and say how far off the mark they are - they were out by 7000% on one of our titles. That said, NPD, the "official" source has been out by 500% on another of our titles (indeed, we were a subscriber and I cancelled based on the data being so hit & miss).

There's no perfect source. Of course taking one set of numbers can mislead.
But there's enough datapoints you can use to get a very good idea. If NPD and VGChartz and your own numbers over the years (the only ones you can 100% trust), plus accounts from people inside the industry at every level (retail, publishing, etc), and public charts and steamspy and (etc etc etc) all show very similar patterns between similar games then you can be pretty confident of the ballpark you're playing in...

But that's my appeal to authority... People are sick of "experts". :)

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Just watching the stream and looks like friedele has uploaded his teams thanks man

Reactions: DAP

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Vgchartz is “fake news”.

To be fair it's only "fake news" if it's reported as actual fact rather than opinion.

It's a database of estimates extrapolated from a bunch of different sources. As it uses charts positions a lot, the more popular the game the more data they would have to go on, so its likely to be much more accurate for games that have charted high and sold hundreds of thousands of units.

Alberts

International Coach
To be fair it's only "fake news" if it's reported as actual fact rather than opinion.

It's a database of estimates extrapolated from a bunch of different sources. As it uses charts positions a lot, the more popular the game the more data they would have to go on, so its likely to be much more accurate for games that have charted high and sold hundreds of thousands of units.

They may as well be extrapolating from tea leaves, every developer I've ever spoken with laughs at how inaccurate they are.

There's no perfect source. Of course taking one set of numbers can mislead.
But there's enough datapoints you can use to get a very good idea. If NPD and VGChartz and your own numbers over the years (the only ones you can 100% trust), plus accounts from people inside the industry at every level (retail, publishing, etc), and public charts and steamspy and (etc etc etc) all show very similar patterns between similar games then you can be pretty confident of the ballpark you're playing in...

But that's my appeal to authority... People are sick of "experts". :)

To be honest Chief you seem less and less like an "expert" each time you write on the topic. The reason that an appeal to authority is considered a fallacy is that... well, it is one. It's not an argument, if you're an actual expert you should be able to argue your point properly. I'm an expert in my own field, but I'd be ashamed if I had to fall back on that to make my point.

You can speak to "patterns" all you want, it's pretty damn clear from pretty much any data source you wish to pick though that brand value has merit. There's a reason companies around the World strive for it across pretty much any consumer industry.

PristineR

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I reckon i saw a couple of images of the static camera somewhere.. i cant find it in the game though post day 1 patch version.

Users who are viewing this thread