Ashes Cricket General Discussion

thivakar

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why is Ps4 controller LED red when playing ? ANyone else having this issue ?

gogabutt

Club Captain
Had a few nicks towards gully, 3rd and 2nd slips on the legend and hardest setting. But i agree with some others that a bad timing shot should result into a nick.

For those who are complaining about frequency of hitting sixes, they can play around with sliders a little bit to find thier perfect gameplay. For me, these settings are providing a quite balanced gameplay:
- hard batting
- legend difficulty
- all pace bolwer sliders 75-80 (except minimum speed)
- all spin bolwer sliders 70-75

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Had a few nicks towards gully, 3rd and 2nd slips on the legend and hardest setting. But i agree with some others that a bad timing shot should result into a nick.

For those who are complaining about frequency of hitting sixes, they can play around with sliders a little bit to find thier perfect gameplay. For me, these settings are providing a quite balanced gameplay:
- hard batting
- legend difficulty
- all pace bolwer sliders 75-80 (except minimum speed)
- all spin bolwer sliders 70-75

Bad timing should result in a nick sometimes.

chaman82

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
One of the first pieces of feedback I made all the way back when DBC14 was released was that the forward defensive should be a bit safer, because back then you would nick off all the time playing it. Now I think it's gone the other way and it's just a bit too safe, especially for the player.

What I think would be good is that defending on the stumps is relatively safe, but if you start prodding and defending at balls that are outside off, especially moving ones, then he chances of nicking off become much higher. This encourages the player to leave balls outside off and only play at ones they need to, just like a real batsman. Now I obviously haven't had a bat in Ashes but at least in DBC17 I don't think I ever got out playing a forward defensive, so perhaps something to look into.

Exactly how dbc14 played . Best game.

border33

Club Captain
I'll try again tonight then. Has anyone got so much as a play and miss off a spinner on 1.05?
Yeah I’ve had plenty as well as a few bowled, playing career with 1.05. Had plenty with 1.04 as well (and the dreaded LBW where the batsman continues)

kulch

Club Captain
If people want to hit 6s all day they can ramp up the shot force and timing windows. We need more edges or a slider for edges

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
When’s there has been a weather delay is it possible to see how much time/overs have been lost? I was playing a 3-day match when it happened and couldn’t find it out

D

Deleted member 185125

When’s there has been a weather delay is it possible to see how much time/overs have been lost? I was playing a 3-day match when it happened and couldn’t find it out
The over reduction was there in patch 1.04. Haven't come across in 1.50 yet.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
What AI difficulty are you playing mate? Are there cracks on the pitch?

I play legend, hard, and on grassy or cracked pitches i certainly get edges, both when i'm bowling and sadly even more when i'm batting![DOUBLEPOST=1511087046][/DOUBLEPOST]

it's you as a player

Hi blocker.

Really as I have tried pro/legend and hard/hardiest and medium. Like I said edges do happen but nothing on drives, cut or defense shots at all. Pull shot goes the wrong way is common and get's me 4 down past point area. PS I do feel inside edges happen more than outside edges. I had the most edges while playing on easy as you play and miss a lot if you increase the difficulty levels. This is all batting as I have not bowled yet.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Bad timing should result in a nick sometimes.

Yes to this as at the moment you just miss a lot what does look lovely but feels a bit silly. It's hard to balance I bet so if bigant take months to get right then I say take your time as the real ashes will be on soon and I love to test the game out at the same time. PS Ashes is by far the best cricket game ever made just needs some love.

Users who are viewing this thread