Ashes Cricket General Discussion

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@Dutch you spoke about the catching bug in your beta test. Can you clarify that? I’m not sure if I’ve come across it but don’t make the correlation between the known bug and my experience.

Rhone

International Cricketer
@Dutch

Enjoyed your beta posts in the new thread....but seriously...is the no appealing bug really still in the build you are playing?!?!

It's a controller smasher for me and if it happens once after any future patches then I'm done with the game for good. It needs to be fixed.

D

Dutch

Nah. Although I AM like good wine. As in... Drunk.
Ah so that's why you are making sense :p
@Dutch you spoke about the catching bug in your beta test. Can you clarify that? I’m not sure if I’ve come across it but don’t make the correlation between the known bug and my experience.
You nick it, and the slips or keeper takes it and everything carries on as normal.
@Dutch

Enjoyed your beta posts in the new thread....but seriously...is the no appealing bug really still in the build you are playing?!?!

It's a controller smasher for me and if it happens once after any future patches then I'm done with the game for good. It needs to be fixed.
Agreed.....the cat dreads it when it happens!

Rhone

International Cricketer
Maybe you could clarify what you can and can't discuss? I really want to know if any changes have been made to batting mechanics, or if the patch is purely focused on AI.

D

Dutch

Maybe you could clarify what you can and can't discuss? I really want to know if any changes have been made to batting mechanics, or if the patch is purely focused on AI.
Both human and ai: batting timing has changed radically.....you do not have to premeditate at all....if you are out its because you didn't play the ball well or the bowlers was better....not because you had to guess at what ball was going to leave the bowlers hand!

D

Dutch

For whatever reason the Big Ant games have always heavily favoured bowlers for MotM.
But it's Jimmy, it's effin' Jimmy A!

But I get the point: TBH I didn't notice!

Last edited by a moderator:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
just to clarify that there is also a lot of testing on shorter formats.....buuuuutttttt there are areas needing tweaking such as AI run chasing and do or die bowling at the end.......but in the opeing and secondary phases a lot has been achieved...its basically the end game that needs work.

In the beta thread I have posted some findings about test match play and will perhaps do the same for an ODI as well....

I'm more keen on seeing users bat against the AI to see the enhanced AI fields. Would love to see couple of videos of shorter formats if possible.

andrew36

School Cricketer
Will there be thigh guard, rib protection and batting/fielding towels or fielding sleeves in the game
Will there be more features for players appearance like skin tones, facial features, ageing players like db14 and more beards/hairstyles
Can you slide your foot back instead of turning around if you are out of the crease
Feedback would be nice

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Will there be thigh guard, rib protection and batting/fielding towels or fielding sleeves in the game
Will there be more features for players appearance like skin tones, facial features, ageing players like db14 and more beards/hairstyles
Can you slide your foot back instead of turning around if you are out of the crease
Feedback would be nice
I don't see what difference thigh guard etc would make to the game other than cosmetic, but you'd don't see them anyway because they're under clothing. There's also no health meter.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
For whatever reason the Big Ant games have always heavily favoured bowlers for MotM.

Really? I used to find the opposite, haha!

Haven't posted in here for a while, but I have been lurking through the last few weeks trying to follow the updates. Too many arguments going round in circles that I haven't really wanted to get involved in though. Anyway, I just also wanted to add my thanks to the beta testers. I spent about a thousand hours each on the two DBC games but held off on AC because of the price - and have then been glad that I did after everything I've seen here since that's still wrong with it. Like everyone else, I just want a game that lives up to its potential though, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the progress you guys have been making. Whether I end up getting the game or not is probably dependent on it, haha! So thanks for the work you're putting in - it's got me a bit more hopeful again anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread