Ashes Cricket General Discussion

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Anyway, seeing as I’m nearly set up in the new house And my baby is due any day, I will put a video up this weekend on the Beta page.

Just to give you guys a feel of how things are.

I don’t mind a couple of requests, but make them sensible and something that’s won’t take hours...

Can you tell whether the seam bowling works with standard control as well if yes then how we control the direction? also whats attributes it links to , like stock delivery attribute or seam attribute?

If you can post some seam deliveries with standard controls/

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would love to know if there has been any improvement in frame rates when playing in custom stadia under lights. Or if it’s something that is being even considered for fixing by BA.

Kass D

County Cricketer
Is there a reason all the beta boys are testing with test matches at this point .. ???? No ODIs or T20s

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Anyway, seeing as I’m nearly set up in the new house And my baby is due any day, I will put a video up this weekend on the Beta page.

Just to give you guys a feel of how things are.

I don’t mind a couple of requests, but make them sensible and something that’s won’t take hours...

I would love to watch a video of a user batting against AI in a odi. So far all the videos and info has been about Tests. Would love to see videos and info about the odis.

D

Dutch

I would love to watch a video of a user batting against AI in a odi. So far all the videos and info has been about Tests. Would love to see videos and info about the odis.

just to clarify that there is also a lot of testing on shorter formats.....buuuuutttttt there are areas needing tweaking such as AI run chasing and do or die bowling at the end.......but in the opeing and secondary phases a lot has been achieved...its basically the end game that needs work.

In the beta thread I have posted some findings about test match play and will perhaps do the same for an ODI as well....

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
just to clarify that there is also a lot of testing on shorter formats.....buuuuutttttt there are areas needing tweaking such as AI run chasing and do or die bowling at the end.......but in the opeing and secondary phases a lot has been achieved...its basically the end game that needs work.

In the beta thread I have posted some findings about test match play and will perhaps do the same for an ODI as well....
Yes please play a ODI after the current test match.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
are you saying that the Big Ant Cricket series has been a loss-maker across all iterations? I'm surprised that DBC'17 was more or less built as a complete overhaul in that case. It almost sounds like the games were all made as a charitable labour of love to the audience.

I don't have exact sales figures, but comparing relative chart positions and info I do have, unless it's done incredibly well on digital, then it's been a very poor seller on all iterations.
And yes - I think it has been a labour of love.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I must say I'm honestly surprised. I don't doubt you, but I'm seriously surprised that a business developing a product wouldn't even once consider the competition either in or on it's way to the market. It's one of the biggest factors in investment to start with.

I mean, you're aware of the market... but BLIC happily lived alongside EA cricket for a few iterations. We were just confident that, so long as we had a better playing game and marketed it right, we'd do the units required.[DOUBLEPOST=1521145328][/DOUBLEPOST]
What we say in here is completely and utterly irrelevant and all that occurs is little spats and arguments.

Or, as we know it, "The Internet". :)

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Do we have to disagree on everything.i mean come on. I just told sonething with some personal experience very relevant to the conversation of game developers interest of cricket game. And what i was talking is backed by numbers . Even 0.000001% thats a big number when it comes to Indian population . Cant we just leave it at that without going back and forth for 2 pages ..

You think 13.24 (I’ll round up to 14 for you), is a big number. Are those the numbers you’re using?

Kass D

County Cricketer
You think 13.24 (I’ll round up to 14 for you), is a big number. Are those the numbers you’re using?
Its all about winning a argument for you is it not! Fine, you win. End of this conversation!

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Do we have to disagree on everything.i mean come on. I just told sonething with some personal experience very relevant to the conversation of game developers interest of cricket game. And what i was talking is backed by numbers . Even 0.000001% thats a big number when it comes to Indian population . Cant we just leave it at that without going back and forth for 2 pages ..

It's not your fault bud, but I've been on this site for about 15 years having this exact same discussion. And lots of others have too.

From a 5-CD Lara 2005 that was going to break India. To a 2007 game supported by Microsoft and a 360 launch title with Yuvraj Singh on the box ("If this doesn't sell it nothing will"), to regional pricing experiments, to seeing 100k people play Ashes 09 in India having sold less than 1k units, to... etc etc...

It comes around again and again but nothing changes. And everything has been taken into account again and again. So that's why you're being met with doubters: we've lived through this together for a decade already. :)

D

Dutch

It's not your fault bud, but I've been on this site for about 15 years having this exact same discussion. And lots of others have too.

From a 5-CD Lara 2005 that was going to break India. To a 2007 game supported by Microsoft and a 360 launch title with Yuvraj Singh on the box ("If this doesn't sell it nothing will"), to regional pricing experiments, to seeing 100k people play Ashes 09 in India having sold less than 1k units, to... etc etc...

It comes around again and again but nothing changes. And everything has been taken into account again and again. So that's why you're being met with doubters: we've lived through this together for a decade already. :)
Chief you are like good wine: as you get older you get better! I have seen you have ups and downs in this place but man I sure appreciate you being here...

Users who are viewing this thread