Ashes Cricket General Discussion

D

Deleted member 185125

Is there any mention regarding MOM award ? Many times I see MOM is given to the highest run scorer or wicket taker of the game irrespective of the result.

In real life this doesn’t happen. Not a game breaking issue, but Wonder has this been taken a note of in the beta testing?
I'm sure they are aware, maybe not just the top priority of things right now. However, will have to wait for the patch to release to figure it out.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
People who played cricket at a reasonable level would know this is not a such big deal. This is very common in first class level and its part of the game . Move on !

I think it’s safe to discredit any opinions you have on cricket, or AC17 moving forward...

Using sandpaper on the ball is part of the game and is ‘not a big deal’. Please...

Kass D

County Cricketer
I think it’s safe to discredit any opinions you have on cricket, or AC17 moving forward...

Using sandpaper on the ball is part of the game and is ‘not a big deal’. Please...
Clearly you have not played cricket at the level i have so lets move on. You discrediting me don't really mean that much mate.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Clearly you have not played cricket at the level i have so lets move on. You discrediting me don't really mean that much mate.

So you can honestly say that the Australian cricket captain orchestrating a pre-meditated plan to use sandpaper (or something similar) to tamper with the ball, isn’t a big deal? That’s what you honestly think? This is the type of rationale thinking we need in the beta team.

I guess the whole cricketing fraternity is overreacting and you’re the one who is correct...

Kass D

County Cricketer
So you can honestly say that the Australian cricket captain orchestrating a pre-meditated planto use sandpaper (or something similar) to tamper with the ball, isn’t a big deal? That’s what you honestly think?
I am happy to have this conversation here with you but dont abuse your power by calling this off topic and deleting or banning me for this.

Yes 100%. If you think this kinda thing never happance in cricket you just have not played first class cricket. I will challenge anyone here who have played top level of cricket to come here and say oh this has not happend.
Ill give you a small hint. How do you think a bowler who clocks around 130ks suddenly starts bowling reverse swing. Spacially then playing on green outfeilds? By clicking on reverse swing button on hes control is it?

People go crazy over cricketers when they lose a game or two, wanting to end their careers or personally attacking them all over social media. Then they wonder why when a cricketers do everything possible to win a game. Discredit me you say, thats fine i have heard lot more then that in my playing days from dudes like you mate.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
@Dutch @WealeyH
Hi, i have one small question. Who is more aggressive out of conservative and precise? One with conservative mentality or precise mentality?
Also in the new patch were they able to hit sixes when required especially with human batting?

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@Dutch @WealeyH
Hi, i have one small question. Who is more aggressive out of conservative and precise? One with conservative mentality or precise mentality?
Also in the new patch were they able to hit sixes when required especially with human batting?
I will have to say precise is more aggressive. Only because conservative hits at the fielders more often.
And no, I am struggling ti hit sixes at will in all formats. i have hit a few, but not many just sail like before.

Rising Flock

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I will have to say precise is more aggressive. Only because conservative hits at the fielders more often.
And no, I am struggling ti hit sixes at will in all formats. i have hit a few, but not many just sail like before.
Yes, and probability of it going for a maximum goes up when you are well settled, something that was missing earlier on, as you could clobber it for a maximum even when fresh at the crease. And in addition, you have some lovely flat sixes to drool over! :clap

GetBatOnBall

School Cricketer
I joined this forum when I purchased DB17. Unfortunately, I only played that a handful of times before getting bored. The main things that put me off were how hard I was finding it to not get bowled out for 10 runs and how it wasn't immersive. On the first point there looks to be some new options added to make it a bit easier which is great. On the second point, I need your help to advise me on a few things. In DB17 I felt like I could set up an exhibition match or do a World Cup but there wasn't a full season mode (aside from the be a pro thing which I'm not interested in).

I'd like to play a full County season over a desired format, which I think I maybe could in DB17 but I found the interface clunky. Is this the case in Ashes (with real player downloads)? Also, and crucially, I want to tour as England and play their full season schedule but have player form visible from the County games to influence my squad selection. Is this possible?

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Yes 100%. If you think this kinda thing never happance in cricket you just have not played first class cricket. I will challenge anyone here who have played top level of cricket to come here and say oh this has not happend.
Ill give you a small hint. How do you think a bowler who clocks around 130ks suddenly starts bowling reverse swing. Spacially then playing on green outfeilds? By clicking on reverse swing button on hes control is it?

Nobody is saying it doesn't happen: they are saying that if you get caught cheating then you should pay a heavy price. And that you shouldn't. To act like it's part of the game is pretty silly, and ESPECIALLY coming from someone who is playing the game themselves.

I've not played cricket at top class level, but I worked with the governing bodies for quite a few years and they're definitely not that cool with having their regulations broken.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread