Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I'm only playing an ODI atm. But swing just looks the same as pre-patch to me.
I've tried 2020 and Test. Both easiest settings, Anderson and Broad, both with high swing stats. I even increased swing in the gameplay modifier. The swing balls just look like cutters, which could go in any direction. (on PS4)

D

Deleted member 185125

Finished bowling 20 overs against AI. Pro and hatd difficulty . 4 for 187.
No prod shot seen even once.
Got an AI runout due to striker not responding for few seconds.
Rest three wickets all on Yorker deliveries.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Medium difficulty on PRO Bangladesh as AI are 63/0 in 5.3 overs :(

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Still no swing, just movement off the pitch. How on earth has this been released?

Have finally got the patch myself. I've started a short match with England against Australia (default teams). I opened by bowling with Wood and tried to get swing. It was exactly the same as you've reported for the first two balls. Then on the third I tried to impart a huge amount of swing on it, really angling the stick towards gully. It swung, while not huge it definitely swung more than the first two.

This is a new ball and I was expecting more (I felt the game released with too much as default), but it does seem to be there. I had to watch the replay a couple of times to line up the camera to see it swing, but went about 2 stumps wider than release. This was with about as much as I could impart put on it.

Kartik101996

Club Cricketer
I've tried 2020 and Test. Both easiest settings, Anderson and Broad, both with high swing stats. I even increased swing in the gameplay modifier. The swing balls just look like cutters, which could go in any direction. (on PS4)
Seems like me and you are having the same issue but others are not. Maybe a vanilla reset will fix the issue? I'm no expert but that could fix it?

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Have finally got the patch myself. I've started a short match with England against Australia (default teams). I opened by bowling with Wood and tried to get swing. It was exactly the same as you've reported for the first two balls. Then on the third I tried to impart a huge amount of swing on it, really angling the stick towards gully. It swung, while not huge it definitely swung more than the first two.

This is a new ball and I was expecting more (I felt the game released with too much as default), but it does seem to be there. I had to watch the replay a couple of times to line up the camera to see it swing, but went about 2 stumps wider than release. This was with about as much as I could impart put on it.
Try looking at Big Eye to see the swing. I only see movement from the pitch[DOUBLEPOST=1524707484][/DOUBLEPOST]This is why most games don't set external deadlines for patches. How can you be sure that everything will be work and be tested, if you have a set date?

D

Deleted member 185125

Hi sir,
Whats your opinion on batting? Are you getting any edges while batting?
I'm pretty bad at batting. Struggling with the new timing. 5 overs 2 for 32. No edges yet though.[DOUBLEPOST=1524707564][/DOUBLEPOST]
Seems like me and you are having the same issue but others are not. Maybe a vanilla reset will fix the issue? I'm no expert but that could fix it?
I had deleted everything before updating. Still the same.[DOUBLEPOST=1524707652][/DOUBLEPOST]Got my very first backfoot square drive for a four.

D

Deleted member 185125

And then the second backfoot drive goes to an edge to point.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
On a pitch thats turning Saumya Sarkar is 62 off 25 whereas Tamim Iqbal is 31 of 33

prasoonvidhu

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Try playing in overcast conditions with a green pitch. Is it the same?
Try looking at Big Eye to see the swing. I only see movement from the pitch[DOUBLEPOST=1524707484][/DOUBLEPOST]This is why most games don't set external deadlines for patches. How can you be sure that everything will be work and be tested, if you have a set date?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
The variety of shots the AI is playing is just mind blowing! All around the park

ConfusedMonkk

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
swing is definitely in the opposite direction. Even the commentary seems to indicate the opposite direction of the swing :lol

Users who are viewing this thread