Asia Cup 2010 - Sri Lanka

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
We never really turned up for the game, nevertheless well played india. Atleast we can be proud to have reached the final of the asia cup 9 times in a row.

Asia Cup is dominated by India and Sri Lanka. India have won it 5 times and Sri Lanka 3 times i guess. Pakistan managed to win it only once. Sri Lanka is a good team. But it wasn't their day today. Plus lots of India-Sri Lanka finals are coming up in the future. :D

boney_g added 1 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

A win orchestrated by the bowlers??? THAT TOO NEHRA??? Am I day dreaming? Feels so good. Karthik finally gets a good knock, Kohli and Rohit Sharma are settling down so well, Raina has already settled very well. Tough time for Yuvi to sneak back in. Anyways, EXCELLENT WIN! We are the Asian champions.:banana2

Yeah we are the Asian Champions. :banana2

boney_g added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

There was a never ending match in Wimbledon and we had never ending Post Match presentation ceremony :facepalm

Post match presentation was longer than the final. :laugh

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Asia Cup should be scrapped. This tournament had no hype, excitement, etc (even that India-Pakistan match didnt have the build up and excitement, though the game itself was exciting). Its a meaningless ODI tournament.

An India-Pakistan final would have spiced up things more.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Shahid Afridi got the biggest prize of the tournament (even more so than the trophy) :)

That car was really talked about so much, the TATA INDIGO MAZDA or whatever the heck it was. I swear they talked about it every 2 overs like it was a ferrari up for grabs.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Asia Cup should be scrapped. This tournament had no hype, excitement, etc (even that India-Pakistan match didnt have the build up and excitement, though the game itself was exciting). Its a meaningless ODI tournament.

Yeah so that we can fit in another T20 world cup :sarcasm

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors

WTF.
How can you say that? Should we have a T20 Asia Cup instead?:sarcasm

Asia Cup is just fine at it's position and it is not getting the hype just because of Fifa WC.

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
Asia Cup is dominated by India and Sri Lanka. India have won it 5 times and Sri Lanka 3 times i guess. Pakistan managed to win it only once. Sri Lanka is a good team. But it wasn't their day today. Plus lots of India-Sri Lanka finals are coming up in the future. :D
SL has won it 4 times.;) Right now the hype over SL-IND games have reached rock bottom and no one cares about the final outcomes, but they could spice it up a bit by atleast involving pakistan or australia. I just wish the SL board wasn't too poor or atleast the Indians weren't so generous to help us (i'm just kidding, India should really be praised rather than criticised for what they are doing).

Gurjot95

National Board President
Knew it will be India who win because everytime the team who wins the match before finals lost in finals. Anyways Ind-Sri is overkilled. Didn't get excited after winning it instead I was enjoying Slovakia owning Italy. They should bring more teams next time.

Friend863 added 5 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Shahid Afridi got the biggest prize of the tournament (even more so than the trophy)

That car was really talked about so much, the TATA INDIGO MAZDA or whatever the heck it was. I swear they talked about it every 2 overs like it was a ferrari up for grabs.
I know you are happy that Pakistan atleast takes one award from this tournament but don't you think that's stupid to say man of the series award is bigger than Asia Cup? It's like saying let's play for Man of Series award, who cares for world cup :laugh

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
WTF.
How can you say that? Should we have a T20 Asia Cup instead?:sarcasm

Asia Cup is just fine at it's position and it is not getting the hype just because of Fifa WC.

@ you and khalek: Where did I ever say that we need to fit in more T20's instead of the Asia Cup? Dont assume, guys. Scrap the Asia Cup and give the players more rest. In these times, they need it badly. I am not a T20 fanboy. I am a traditionalist. I like watching a T20 match (though not all), but ODI and tests are always the best.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
I think since other minnows such as HK, UAE and Afghanistan cannot make it to the Asia cup, there's no use of the useless Bangladesh team participating in tournaments like this cause they got absolutely no chance and they just spoil the tournament with some embarrassing performances. A tri-series between India, Pakistan and SL should make for a much more attractive tournament cause they are the giants of Asia and deserve to fight for the trophy.

In football asia cup, you don't normally see non-deserving teams playing in the tournament cause they all have to qualify. Since we cannot have a qualifying round here, the minnows should be scrapped.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I know you are happy that Pakistan atleast takes one award from this tournament but don't you think that's stupid to say man of the series award is bigger than Asia Cup? It's like saying let's play for Man of Series award, who cares for world cup :laugh

Uhh hello, Dhoni got a trophy, and Afridi got a car.

You can't drive a trophy, can you? I know what I'd rather want.

:D

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Asia cup IMO is in our top 5 ODI fixtures. No way should it be scrapped...its produced some absolutely stunning cricket in the past. I just don't think it should be hosted in Sri Lanka for a while. Pitches are too slow, the toss plays too big a role, and the locals just don't seem that interested. Especially in a small place like Dambulla.

I say make the Asia cup a shared trrophy...hosted in India, Lanka, Middle East, Bangla.

Dabi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Uhh hello, Dhoni got a trophy, and Afridi got a car.

You can't drive a trophy, can you? I know what I'd rather want.

:D

I do hope you're joking mate! I seriously hope you're being sarcastic....

Users who are viewing this thread