Asia Cup 2014

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Is everyone ready to see how effective and complimentary "aggressive fields" are to an utter dross bowling attack?

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Bangladesh are batting first there Line up doesn't look good with out tamim & shakib.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I wonder if Ojha will ever be selected again. I can understand him not being selected for ODI's, but he seems to have just fallen off the radar after his 10 wickets in Mumbai. I don't see them naming him in the squad magically after they didn't for two test series.

I also wonder why Rohit Sharma is constantly selected. It'd be good to see names like Kedar Jadhav and Manpreet Juneja - guys that average close to 50 in domestic over Rohit Sharma, who averages ~35 in domestic list a. I would've also loved it if the selectors gave Lokesh Rahul a try as a wicketkeeper batsman instead of Dinesh Karthik for this series, or at least had him as a backup. I know he's not as experienced, but he's only 21 and his stats are great. In short, there's plenty of talent, just really shoddy selection.

It is a weaker team beating a stronger team. It wouldn't be as shocking as before, but it is definitely an upset.

I agree with you about Ojha. That guy needs to be tried overseas because he usually does well when he gets some bounce of the surface. The only problem I see with his selection is that it's hard to fit him and Jadeja in the same line-up because they bowl similarly. However, I still think Ojha deserves his chance.

I have been following the careers of guys that you have mentioned. The only thing I see is that selectors wanted to go with a little more experience rather than going for a totally young squad. Juneja, Kedar Jadhav both looks very promising and their records are amazing as well but they are very raw so I just think selectors wanted to play safe in that department. KL Rahul looks a solid player but it is a bit early to bring him in the team. He had a fantastic ranji season but I still think he needs a couple of more season in domestic to improve his strike rate which is quite low for OD version of the game. Again, they decided to go for Karthik because he has enough experience of playing for India and we needed that especially after we lost Dhoni.

----------

Anyone surprised by not seeing Pujara in the team? They have decided to keep Rahane in the team and give him another go. As usual our slip catching is in attention straight away. What was Rohit doing there?

I think it will be an upset if Bangldesh beats India.

Jine

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Bangla is doing well. Anamul played a vital partnership with mushfiqur. Now mushfiqur is going to century. Hitting well.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I see this inflated run rate of 5.28 is a result Aaron's fast bowling. Goodness me, did he bowl too badly? Can imagine though, after he was called off for bowling 2 waist high balls :facepalm

I think we'll get a target of 275 or so. Shouldn't be an difficult task, but you never know, hope we don't miss Dhoni much as a finisher.

That said, Mushfiqur Rahim was brilliant, as he has always been against India :clap

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Bhuvi has bowled excellent at the death. He has really improved in last few matches because he gets that yorker right almost every time. This is however just brilliant batting from Mushfiqur. Shami has been good as always. I feel for Varun Aaron because for someone who does not move the ball too much at his pace this pitch was always going to be a nightmare for him. He bowled well in the patches but need more consistency from him.

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
There's going to be a massive loss of vCash for people who betted on India to win.This target with our already "beaming" performers could see us being crushed by Bangladesh without any resistance to be offered.
That was a brilliant innings by Rahim,loved the way he took on every possible chance that he saw and took advantage of the already drop down morale of the team.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Varun Aaron bowled a lot of rubbish today, but I want to see him play more. He's got genuine pace, this guy and a bit of tuning could make him effective on conditions more helpful.

Having said that, this Indian team definitely looks too raw at the moment. I wouldn't write off Kohli just yet, but the wisdom of using Aaron for those many overs before he was taken off for bowling beamers, was definitely a bad one.

At least India have Afghanistan to look forward to in this tournament, though I wouldn't be too complacent about that either :)

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
All that was missing was a bit of Arun Lal, but the ever obnoxious Harsha Bhogle more than fit the part.

Harsha Bhogle is such a nonsense chatter box. His humor is plain ridiculous and he just keeps churning out one after the other which is very difficult to hear. I mostly mute whenever he is on air.

Coming to the match, Bangla tigers are in control and I don't really like the look of the pitch which seems as if the ball is not coming on.

Users who are viewing this thread