Associates Outshine the Full Members / Canadawatch

MrDependable

County Cricketer
I guess it should be under ICC's regulations. Otherwise the ground wouldn't even qualify as an international venue. The matches would have been classified as "other" matches.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
According to Cricinfo, playing area is 150m long and 120m wide. I think, that roughly means the straight boundaries are around 70m and square are 55m.

So I think, the straight boundaries are ok, but the square boundaries are really pushing it, like 55m should be the minimum for a boundary, so especially if one square boundary is shorter than the other it might've been too small.

Another reason I think that is because I saw Dipendra Singh Airee's innings, he cut a full ball over point for six.
sounds like WPL boundaries

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
I guess it should be under ICC's regulations. Otherwise the ground wouldn't even qualify as an international venue. The matches would have been classified as "other" matches.
ICC significantly relaxed their regulations when granting global T20I status, so I'm not sure. Maybe @Aislabie would know

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Ok then, so either the ground is wider than Cricinfo say, or they place the boundary rope right on the edge

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Interestingly, one of Pakistan's 6 debutants is also making his T20 debut

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Arafat Minhas! That's interesting!

Also interesting is that the captain is making his T20i debut. Perhaps, happening for the 1st ever in Pakistan's history(bar the 1st ever T20i they played)?
I believe so. I remember Keshav Maharaj also captained on T20I debut

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
What Pakistan want to prove today???... Hong Kong is better team than them???...

Users who are viewing this thread