Australia in South Africa Oct-Nov 2011/12

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Still got some worry with that batting of ours. Once again got two batsmen not going on to make the 100 and the rest failing.

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Geez, wtf is going on? I checked half an hour ago and it was 130-3 and now its 180-9 Anyone know who that guy that got the 5fer is?

ferg512

International Coach
Kind of off topic but how long does Haddin have left you reckon? Hes barely done anything since the 1st test of the ashes, pretty big series for him with guys like Paine and Wade waiting in the wings.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Pretty poor work from the tail, there should have been some attention to this.

stefan

International Coach
Geez, wtf is going on? I checked half an hour ago and it was 130-3 and now its 180-9 Anyone know who that guy that got the 5fer is?

He is a new young quick bowler. Only broke into the titans team this season. Haven't seen him play but hear he is quick.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Kind of off topic but how long does Haddin have left you reckon? Hes barely done anything since the 1st test of the ashes, pretty big series for him with guys like Paine and Wade waiting in the wings.

Will get the India series at home at the very least. Paine is still out injured and while Wade has done alright he hasn't made a spectacular case to pick him.

Didn't take long for the old Siddle to comeback,

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Is Paine's injury still that broken finger from a charity T20 or something? Should've just amputated the tweaking thing.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
If only Paine could stay fit, I reckon Haddin would be gone.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Marsh really has stepped up to the next level nicely and we need it with Ponting. Hughes and Haddin looking shaky.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors

Fans moan about Johnson's inconsistency, but for me Siddle is just as bad. It's just different types of inconsistency. Look at the Ashes last summer. Really fired up and took a hat trick in Brisbane, bowled well at the MCG and was steady in Perth behind Johnson and Hilf. But he was ragged and loose at Adelaide and the SCG. Was the same the previous summer - he had really good game vs Pakistan (Sydney?) the rest was pretty poor often bowling way too short.

His selection depends whether Australia wants to take another hit and miss bowler into a Test. For me, Siddle's a good bowler when you're losing a series as he might just bring that spark that you need - otherwise I think he's too much of a risk. I'd rather Copeland's steadiness.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors

Yeah, Siddle still slogs it down a bit too much but, I have definitely seen improvement in him of late.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Man!! Just saw that if Australia tie up 1-1 with South Africa, India move up to second place.They can only remain on second place in situation of a tied series if India and West Indies draw 0-0.

Also if South Africa lose 1-0 then they lose 6 points in the table meaning again third place, now if by chance they lose 2-0 then they will slip down to 4th with Australia over taking them for third spot. If this happens there will be huge open up in table with Australia ahead by just some margin.

Users who are viewing this thread