Australia ODI team to be renamed

wolf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
There is this guy on another foum, he wouldn't lie about it he has told me it is true.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Nonsense, it maybe true but i'm not believing it until I hear about it on the news or on Cricinfo.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Oh dear, I cannot believe it, I hope that this is a massive joke.

The series is fine, but calling the team that is WAY too far.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
If they called us the "Cricketroos" I would be okay with that. But naming us after a bank has to go down as one of the most STUPIDEST things to ever happen in Australian cricket. This is even more stupid than the infamous 'underarm bowl'.

I would just hate to hear the sledge from the Pomms this year. "You bunch of bankers" :p. What about if we win the World Cup. "Congratulations to the Commenwealth Bank One-Day International Team".

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, you can change a Countries representive team name.

But surely fans, players and commentators alike will still call them australia, and please tell me the Aussie will still wear the gold and green of Australia!

Sureshot

Executive member
Kev said:
Nobody in their right mind will call them The Commomwealth Bank team.

Bankers maybe but they'll always be those dirty aussies to me :p

Commentators might be legally abliged to. :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
They need to add Australia to the "Commonwealth Bank one-day international team"
Right now for those not in the flow of things they will be questioning which International team they are talking about. Shocking to say the least, I won't be calling them by that name thats for sure.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Sureshot said:
Commentators might be legally abliged to. :D
I doubt it. Look at other sports like Formula One where teams have sponsor titles they aren't usually refered to by there full names, I would think you can call a team pretty much what you like if you are a commentator. In fact I remember a few years back at the Le Mans 24h race the radio commentators refered to a team the whole weekend by a name that was not connected to the team in any form.

BTW here is the new ODI uniform :)

dv488014.jpg

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Has this ever happened in cricket before in concieveable history?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I guess not.
I think the BarmyArmy is gonna have a ball when England visits. This is a killer blow. Aussies were goin' strong to win the Ashes, and now this might be a blow which jolts life back to the English supporters, and would have certainly shocked the Aussie fans and players!

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This is disgraceful to say the least. What's next, Pepsi International XI instead of Pakistan? I can only hope its a joke. But it looks like it isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread