Australia tour of Sri Lanka (July-September 2016)

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
I told you @Umair2000 @UMCricket . The seven tailenders collapsed yet again.

Nevill bats way too low.Voges failed but then again who stood up ? Henriques no idea why was he selected.M.Marsh lost his brain.

They will never learn. Smith is a backyard Dog.

Smith is backyard dog WOW. Smith average > Kane > Root > Kohli [Away from Home].What are you smoking ?

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why would you put the subcontinent flaws behind? If an Asian team loses in seam friendly conditions, they're called flat track bullies and so on. If a team wants to be the best, they have to perform well in all conditions.[DOUBLEPOST=1471433456][/DOUBLEPOST]
I told you @Umair2000 @UMCricket . The seven tailenders collapsed yet again.

It happens now and then don't underrate them. In 2013, the tailender did a pretty good job to save their team from greater humilation.[DOUBLEPOST=1471450104][/DOUBLEPOST]
We shouldn't be too confident. Smith and co will learn from their mistakes and will come back stronger. They know that Indians are much more stronger than Lankans and they will be ready to face us.

Its going to be very interesting the way Smith and his men are going to come back. I hope they come next year and they can give the Indians a fright. Give India someone good to face.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
We shouldn't be too confident. Smith and co will learn from their mistakes and will come back stronger. They know that Indians are much more stronger than Lankans and they will be ready to face us.
Weren't they supposed to come back stronger after the 2013 tour? Then they got smashed by Pakistan. And then they were supposed to come back stronger in this series, and they got smashed again.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Weren't they supposed to come back stronger after the 2013 tour? Then they got smashed by Pakistan. And then they were supposed to come back stronger in this series, and they got smashed again.
They took Lankans lightly. After Sanga left they looked horrible. Aussies did not expect this from them. In every match one or the other new talent stepped up and performed. Even I was surprised by how well they have played in this series. So, Aussies underestimated them and it backfired as Sri Lanka were brilliant.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
You cant underestimate Australia. They are a far better team than Pakistan. Australia beats everyone at home, and Pakistan only relies on Misbah and Younus and Yasir Shah, without them they would be dead. Australia have great bench strength and can beat Pakistan easily this winter. And let me tell you, its not going to be easy, beating both NZ and Aus. Pak won the Lord's test cause of Misbah and Yasir and Oval because of Younus and Yasir

Last edited:

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
They took Lankans lightly. After Sanga left they looked horrible. Aussies did not expect this from them. In every match one or the other new talent stepped up and performed. Even I was surprised by how well they have played in this series. So, Aussies underestimated them and it backfired as Sri Lanka were brilliant.

Very true. On that 2013 tour, Aus racked up like 380 from their first innings but imploded after that. Indian pitches favour batting and spin bowling. They will come back STRONG.

Anjula

Club Captain
Dananjaya De Silva seems to have gone under the radar with everyone talking about Herath , Kusal and Sandakan for SL. Only one score under 30 (which was 24 on his debut innings)
129 off 280 in 1st Innings on the 3rd Match , and 65* off 74 in 2nd Innings. Also got few pretty crucial wickets.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
It was within the rules mate , Nothing wrong with it.
Bad match awareness by Dimuth.

Its not the case about the rules. It is about spirit of sports. Srilanka himself was Ok with it but they said as well regarding spirit.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
You cant underestimate Australia. They are a far better team than Pakistan. Australia beats everyone at home, and Pakistan only relies on Misbah and Younus and Yasir Shah, without them they would be dead. Australia have great bench strength and can beat Pakistan easily this winter. And let me tell you, its not going to be easy, beating both NZ and Aus. Pak won the Lord's test cause of Misbah and Yasir and Oval because of Younus and Yasir

You have to be joking. I don't remember Pakistan losing in the UAE and they proved a point in England right now. Australia can't play spin to save their life at the moment. It's safe to say Pakistan are a better test team than Australia, currently.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan only relies on Misbah and Younus and Yasir Shah, without them they would be dead.
Asad Shafiq : century at The Oval, 73 and 49 at Lord's
Sami Aslam : 82 and 70 at Edgbaston
Azhar Ali : century at Edgbaston, 49 at The Oval
Sohail Khan : 5-fers at Edgbaston and The Oval
Mohammed Aamir : bowled well throughout the series, should've had 6 more wickets and a much lower average if not for the dropped catches

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
You have to be joking. I don't remember Pakistan losing in the UAE and they proved a point in England right now. Australia can't play spin to save their life at the moment. It's safe to say Pakistan are a better test team than Australia, currently.

I never even said Pakistan lost in the UAE. Misbah and Younus hold the team together along with, well sometimes Yasir Shah ( look back to SL tour)[DOUBLEPOST=1471563517][/DOUBLEPOST]
We do it too. And we don't even play at home.

Did you watch those matches?

Relax mate. I did watch these marches. all. You don't need to get all defensive about Pakistan. They are a very good team.They're not even like the most perfect team ever I'm just stating my opinion. Isn't it why people post on this site in the first place?

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Australia used to be the real champion on every track back in their golden era. They are currently struggling to achieve that status though they won the World Cup '15 but we should remember it was their home. The result could have been lot different if WC '15 would have on other tracks

Users who are viewing this thread