India's Tour Of Sri Lanka Jul-Aug 2012

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
What is the difference between Man of the series and player of the series when only men played the total series?:p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Excellent series for India. We showed we were the better team by far. We won chasing, and we won defending.

One major positive for India from this series is the spirited comeback of Irfan Pathan. Today, he picked up 5 wickets and he has also batted really well through this series. He is now a sure shot selection for the T20 World Cup. It was bad on Dhoni's part to prolong Rohit's misery further and play with 7 batsman just to give Rohit undeserving chances. Another spinner could have played. Tiwary and the likes are not going to click always.

Great job by Tiwary too to get a good score. Hope he has hastened the exit of Rohit Sharma for quite sometime now. With this poor run, Rohit's test chances should also hopefully take a beating. Hope India take the T20 game seriously and use it as preparation for the T20 WC tournament.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Our bowling still pretty much sucks, they shouldn't have got anywhere near 274 and they did. Whatever though, a win is a win and a 4-1 series win, #2 on the rankings is just a bonus.

jacobfelix

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
First of all, when will this Olympics end...:p Nowadays in the sports pages of newspapers, I have to search for Cricket news and scores :D....all over its Olympic news....:mad they will put Cricket news in some corner.....:(

The ICC should have had the T20 WC at this time itself :D and showed that Cricket is the BOSS.... :thumbs

Gurjot95

National Board President
I am actually very thankful that this useless series finally came to end. I am happy that newspaper actually gives priority to Olympics than Cricket.

irst of all, when will this Olympics end... Nowadays in the sports pages of newspapers, I have to search for Cricket news and scores ....all over its Olympic news.... they will put Cricket news in some corner.....

The ICC should have had the T20 WC at this time itself and showed that Cricket is the BOSS....
Reason why Indians don't take interest in other sports than cricket resulting in no medals in Olympics. I hope for India sports sake, not everyone thinks like you.

jacobfelix

International Coach
Thats Cricket craze in this nation for you....

You ask any kid to name 11 hockey players...they will go blank right after a couple of names...but you ask the same kid to name 11 Indian cricket players...he will name 100's of them...thats Cricket for you :thumbs....No Kapil...No Gavaskar...No Sachin...No Dhoni asked the Indians to follow the game...its by their gameplay they attracted people to this game...

Thats CRICKET for you....:thumbs

Gurjot95

National Board President
no, that's stupidity.

If India wants to progress in other sports as well, we people have act and starts caring about other games too. Months before the Olympics gets started, we starts to predict India medal table and after it ends, everyone just says another disappointing Olympic year, better watch cricket instead. We blame our athletes when we should actually blame ourselves for always preferring cricket over all other sports. India is no backward country and can easily grab medals if taken care for other sports as shown by the Indian athletes in this and previous Olympics. No kid even knows a bit about other sports. It's time that we actually shifts our priority and respect the athletes who made India proud even though knowing they will earn **** comparing to cricket. Ever thought that India wouldn't even have qualified for Olympics if everyone starts thinking like you?

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I am actually very thankful that this useless series finally came to end. I am happy that newspaper actually gives priority to Olympics than Cricket.

So go to your Olympic forum then...why are you posting here? :p

If India wants to progress in other sports as well, we people have act and starts caring about other games too.

Exactly, here in Australia we are suffering too. Fans turn over to the Olympics every 4 years and expect to see X amount of gold medals - like they just happen automatically. Trouble is that no one is really interested in these sports outside Olympic time, it makes it hard to recruit the best athletes.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
4 bowlers in a T20, sometimes Dhoni makes no kerplucking sense. In this format, the part timers are basically set up for onslaughts, playing 4 bowlers just exposes that.

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
ya its balle balle at pallakele superb attacking batting display by kohli. Hope rahane also changes is gear and start to attack as well

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
with six overs left i am expecting a big hundred from kohli come on kohli get 35 runs quickly and smash a big hundred today

jacobfelix

International Coach
155....:noway Somewhat I am not happy with this score..... :mad that Rahane and Dhoni should have scored 10-15 runs more than what they did....so totally 25 runs short....:mad

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
very bad finish in the end from india with that flying start which they got from kohli. Lankan bowler to bowled really well in the end also spinners slowed down the runs. I hope indian bowlers get the dilshan's wicket quickly and put some early pressure on them

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Dhoni played with that injury he got from the last game. Don't we have a backup keeper in the squad? Dhoni probably was the reason why we didn't end up with a 160+ score here. As much as I love Kohli these days, he should get out in a T20 match when there are 5 more overs to go in the innings. He gets runs at a very good pace, but still in the final overs when the thundering and big hits are needed, he doesn't seem to get them out in place.

Users who are viewing this thread