Tri Series (India, Sri Lanka and New Zealand) - Compaq Cup in Sri Lanka 2009

Who will win Compaq Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Didn't think India could do it. Obviously, winning the toss helped.

Will be interesting to see if this team has rectified their weakness against the short ball in the CT.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yuvraj plays fast bowling better than his other young team mates. His weakness is spin, not pace or bounce.

I'm not trying to say he has a massive weakness against the short ball. But he's hardly the master of it.

charith

Club Captain
Good boost for both teams their performances in the final. Obviously India won and they'll be pretty stoked but SL did remarkably well to get up to 273 when everyone had them at getting bowled out for under 200 on this track batting under lights. Everyone in the batting line up bar Mahela has had a pretty decent knock in this tournament. The middle order now looks much better with Kandamby i've been really impressed with him especially how he can suddenly accelerate and the pacing of his innings. Mathews has come up in leaps and bounds and when Samaraweera returns to the side its going to be a pretty good middle order to compliment the class of the top 4. The bowling is pretty good watch out for the quicks to have a good one in SA on the harder tracks.

With Mathews at 7 gives a good balance to the side with the option of dropping playing either 3 seamers and a spinner or 2 seamers and 2 spinners. Brilliant. Champions trophy is important but its a good side to build around for the next 2 years heading to the World Cup.

I know people have been giving a bit of stick to Sharma but I reckon he'll do much better in SA with the bouncy pitches especially being a hit the deck bowler. And with Gambhir and Sehwag getting back into the side its going to be a formidable line up.

All in all I'd say a good practise for India and SL and both teams will be quietly confident. Not sure what NZ would've taken out of the series except for the return of Bond and he'll pump it up in SA for sure.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Dravid will play. Kohli will make way for Gauti if he is fit.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Since when Yuvi developed weakness to short balls? You wanna get him out throw in lolly pop spinner or bowl out swinging deliveries.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What i was asking is will he (Rahul Dravid) be selected in final 11 for CT?

As long as Dravid is in the 15, he will be playing in the XI for 99.9% of the time. He has done above average in this series, and he has been brought in to rectify the short ball weakness and you can find lot of bouncers and short stuff in SA.

Users who are viewing this thread