Australia tour of Sri Lanka (July-September 2016)

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
australia look like amateurs in asia.

Are they missing the necessary mental strength to tour in such conditions?

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Australia's last eight Tests in Asia:

L L L L L L L L

And before people jump in and bash the pitches, I want to add that I have watched all those 8 tests and none of the pitches were minefields. Indian and Pakistani batsmen were making merry in the same conditions that Australia were so bad in. The pitches were definitely not doctored.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sri Lanka struggled against a good leg spinner, not an awful one. Australia could have picked Fawad Ahmed though. He would probably be as similar to Yasir Shah as anyone is going to get right now.

You think Zampa is awful? Okay, I admit his first class average is pretty bad. But look at his IPL bowling averages. He had 12 wickets from 5 matches with an average of 9.58 and economy of 6.76. Now you say Fawad Ahmad. Look at last couple of first class matches. He hasn't made a significant impact in any of those some matches. If Zampa could bowl this well in the IPL, then he could've been somewhat effective in Sri Lanka. Though we can't anything about it, now that the series is lost.[DOUBLEPOST=1470495021][/DOUBLEPOST]
Fawad Ahmed is alive?[DOUBLEPOST=1470471153][/DOUBLEPOST]Fawad Ahmed is alive?

Lol. Actully he could've been dead before. In Pakistan where he was, the Taliban ordered him to stop playing cricket and threaten him so he came to Aus

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
You think Zampa is awful? Okay, I admit his first class average is pretty bad. But look at his IPL bowling averages. He had 12 wickets from 5 matches with an average of 9.58 and economy of 6.76. Now you say Fawad Ahmad. Look at last couple of first class matches. He hasn't made a significant impact in any of those some matches. If Zampa could bowl this well in the IPL, then he could've been somewhat effective in Sri Lanka. Though we can't anything about it, now that the series is lost.
IPL form means nothing for the longer formats.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
IPL form means nothing for the longer formats.
It proves that Zampa can be valuable on pitches that favour spin.Plus he has variations that he can fool the batsmen. I don't see anything special about Holland.Hopefully Zampa gets a chance in India next year

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Australia have looked woeful, the more I've seen of them in Asia. Their batsmen are not only inept against certain bowling, especially the likes of Ajmal but they lack the mental fortitude. They see shadows where there are none and seem to think they can simply dominate without showing any respect to highly skilled outfits.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Australia are hopeless in the subcontinent. Aus should rope in consultants like their own former players, like Ricky Ponting or Steve Waugh on how to play basic spin. They rope in so many local consultants and let their work go to waste by losing every match they play there. They need their own Aussie mates to help them out

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Probably our best chance to break the streak :)

pujan

Banned
Australia's last eight Tests in Asia:

L L L L L L L L
Few minutes ago SL were 36 for 6 but Ravi and 3rd umpire not given 6th batsmen out
So at lunch after winning toss home team 55 for 5

Australia should win from here.[DOUBLEPOST=1471071959][/DOUBLEPOST]
It proves that Zampa can be valuable on pitches that favour spin.Plus he has variations that he can fool the batsmen. I don't see anything special about Holland.Hopefully Zampa gets a chance in India next year
First he need to prove himself in Australian domestic (4day game) with red ball.he is very kin to play domestic this season.

pujan

Banned
If they can't even win aganist a low- strength Sri Lankan side, what makes anyone think that they're going to beat India next year?:facepalm
SL doctored the wicket for their advantages but Indian wicket also helpful for Ozzie bowlers.

cricketmad09

International Coach
Batsmen who deserve to be in the team ahead of Henriques

Dunk
Dean
Handscomb
Bailey
Renshaw
Heazlett
Bancroft
Head
Stoinis
Lehmann
Klinger
Quiney
Hartley
Cowan
Maddinson
Ferguson
Carters
Cartwright
Maxwell
Whiteman
Lynn
White
Wade

Anyone I've missed?

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Batsmen who deserve to be in the team ahead of Henriques

Dunk
Dean
Handscomb
Bailey
Renshaw
Heazlett
Bancroft
Head
Stoinis
Lehmann
Klinger
Quiney
Hartley
Cowan
Maddinson
Ferguson
Carters
Cartwright
Maxwell
Whiteman
Lynn
White
Wade

Anyone I've missed?

Klinger should be on top of the list .

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
SL doctored the wicket for their advantages but Indian wicket also helpful for Ozzie bowlers.
And in what way?! The wicket won't be helpful if you have batsmen bashing away

Users who are viewing this thread