Australia tour of Sri Lanka

R

ricky123

B) they were lucky ,and very good feilding from brett and ponting which won them the match ,the two runouts,early on were the key had jayasurya stayed there,wo knows

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
2nd ODI Result

Sri Lanka: 245 all out (Jayasuriya 55, Clarke 5/35)
Australia: 244/5 (Hayden 93, Ponting 69)

Sri Lanka win by 1 run
Man Of The Match: Vaas

T

temp

What a close match? :wacko: If knew the match was going to end like this then I would've not gone to sleep. :angry: -_- <_< mooo!! :angry:

J

jeromedascorp

Wish i cud watch the match. mooo!. STUPID USA!!!! They dont watch cricket here!! id have to spend a lotta money for the series.

B

bird_of_prey3000

Wow. wat a match. I saw the whole thing. Vaas was excellent today! But I think Aus shuda won. Perhaps the wicket of Gilchrist made the difference.

S

squiz

I don't understand why he didn't open, or come in earlier. It's stupidity

Z

zaf1986

Originally posted by squiz@Feb 23 2004, 12:07 PM
I don't understand why he didn't open, or come in earlier. It's stupidity
Apparently coz SL were only playing one pacer, and Clarke plays the spinners better - so the had him open. Didn't work out tho - Clarke and Gilly both went for 0. :lol:

J

jeromedascorp

Good fight bak by SRL.
SRL 226/8 (Jayawardane 80, Chandana 34, TM Dilshan 30; Gillespie 3/36)

AUS have possible 4 batsmen left in thismatch. They cud do it. right now the score:
AUS 144/4 in 34.0 ovs (Ponting 63, Martyn 62; Vaas 3/22)

T

temp

3rd ODI Result

Sri Lanka: 226/8 (Jayawardene 80)
Australia: 227/5 (Ponting 63, Martyn 62)

Australia won by 5 wickets and leads the 5-ODI series 2-1

Man of the Match: Jason Gillespie

T

temp

Yeah the ninth of Vaas cost him 12 runs and thats where the game sliped out of Sri Lankans hand.

D

DirtyDog

go aussies, very good win and the ground was a piece of you know what, they really need to fix the state of the outfield, every australian fielder ended up grazed etc. its a disgrace that international cricket is played on worse quality grounds than the one behind me andd thats pretty bad

D

DirtyDog

as to the 2nd game ricky ponting did loose that poorl with bad captaincy, and bevan also lost it because of poor judgment, spent a whole over trying to play backfoot square cuts to spinners, when he went forward to 1 he hit a six, and yes it was and edge but at least he went to score some runs this is the ideal team over there for me as far as batting goes

Gilly
Hayden
ponting
clarke
symonds
martyn (shouldnt really play odi as he likes to build and innings and is a good test match batsmen)
bevan
hogg
and the the bowlers

Users who are viewing this thread