Australia tour of Sri Lanka

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
**UPDATE**

3rd Test - Close Of Play - Day Three

Australia 1st Innings: 401 all out (Lehman 153, Murali 5/123)
Sri Lanka 1st Innings: 407 all out (Attapatu 118)
Australia 2nd Innings: 80/3

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
**UPDATE**

3rd Test - Close Of Play - Day Four

Australia 2nd Innings: 375 all out (Langer 166)
Sri Lanka 2nd Innings: 18/0

S

squiz

it will be close with Sri Lanka needing 352 on the last day of the match.

J

jeromedascorp

Same as the last test. they have a day for 300 odd runs. last test they had 2 whole days for it!! But they threw it away. I think that they wanted to go for the runs fast and rushed. thats wat got Vaas out early in the 2nd test. If the Lankans had just played some good old test cricket they wud have won the 2nd test and possibly the seires! Lets hope they can achieve sumthin great in the 3rd. But the series is lost neways. :sorry:

S

squiz

I don't hope they can acheive sumthing great. From all the posts that I've read, basically every1 is jealous of Australia. :lol: :lol:

J

jeromedascorp

I really think that aus are a great team. They deserve their #1 ranking. They worked for the series win. But I still think that any of the asian teams (not including Bangladesh) can beat the aus cricket team. It just has to do with their confidence. Regardless of what the situation is, aus never give up. They always fight till the end. This is where other teams are miserable. They always seem to choke in the end when they play aus. Sri Lanka's strategy on day 5 of the 2nd test was not right. They shud have been more defensive since the aus bowlers are very accurate. I think it will be a while before aus are mentally beaten.

S

squiz

Yer your right, there is not much difference in the skills of teams, but Australia just have that mental edge.

R

ricky123

Originally posted by squiz@Mar 28 2004, 05:32 AM
I don't hope they can acheive sumthing great. From all the posts that I've read, basically every1 is jealous of Australia. :lol:? :lol:
:D the no 1 always has enemies,but i have a lot of aus players who are and were my fav ,but now aus without steve ,doesnt look that good,and in some time ,it will be rid of great players like warne ,lehman,jason,
and mathew hayden is not that young either,.

S

squiz

Yer we've got alot of old players in the team, which will ruin our team in a few years time when none of the players have experience

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
**UPDATE**

3rd Test - Match Over

Result

Australia 2nd Innings: 375 all out (Langer 166)
Sri Lanka 2nd Innings: 248 all out

Australia win by 121 runs

S

squiz

Australia won with 8 balls to spare, how close was that !!!!!

Good 'ol Warney doin the job

Users who are viewing this thread