Australian Domestic Cricket

How stupid!! How can a player play for two teams that are both eligible for the same prize. All the domestic teams internationally should be turned into franchises so there is a higher level of competitiveness and no flaws.:mad:

Yea well that was his home state and he couldnt do much about it....Unlike NSW board they get a international player whos contracted to a team that could potentially be their opposition. Even if they signed him to just to get to CL, it would be unfair as other teams will start doing is and it will end up teams buying players that are going to be "use and throw" technique just to achive their short term goals.

I think it all depends on the detail of McCullum's contract. Also I think its a bit late to worry about players being 'used'. They're aware of what's going on. This is simply a follow on from players hiring themselves out to make a few extra bucks.

Go the Blues!

NSW have to play him in the finals if they want to use McCullum in the champions league so not much you can do on that front. And McCullum would never have signed early in the season, he would have been waiting for a team to qualify then show his hand. I agree it isn't fair and the players should be signed before the finals or we will have International players signing for teams that have made the final. And in McCullum case it gives him two chances at the 6 mill (or whatever it is).

They were all their before the finals so that is fair enough. It's just when we start getting International players over to play in the Big Bash final just so they can go to play in the Champions league.

How stupid!! How can a player play for two teams that are both eligible for the same prize. All the domestic teams internationally should be turned into franchises so there is a higher level of competitiveness and no flaws.:mad:

The problem comes with guys like Warner, Dave Hussey and co. If they were forced to choose 1 side then they probably would go with the IPL which means our KFC Big Bash loses star attractions which in turn will probably make the competition a failure in a few years. Sadly I don't think their is a work around with the setup atm, players after the cash will try to get into 2 maybe even 3 sides if they can.

Hearing whispers of SHANE WARNE playing for the vics on saturday night. also dont count out sehwag turning up playing for the vics. shippy and him hav a great relationship.

btw mccalum will final he wont see nannes like everyone else. nannes is the best paceman of the 21st century.

I think it would be fair if McCullum played in some OD and First Class games but to potentially play in only one game, and a final, is a little unfair.

Users who are viewing this thread