Australian Domestic Cricket

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Had a feeling NSW would do this, it was on Henriques to fire if we wanted a big score. After that not much hitting power, surely we have some other David Warners in grade cricket. Anyway nice bowling by Nannes, if he was younger he could be a better version of Johnson.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The Victorian bowling attack was just right. Nannes, Harwood, Wright, Holland, McGain, McDonald. Wright misfired and got pulled out of the attack after one over, but as you can see, they had a player spare and didn't need to take a chance on either Wright, who is generally employed to swing the new ball and little else, or a part-timer. Nannes bowled brilliantly, but they didn't concede any ground from Wright bowling badly, so the net result was a very low score by NSW. It's an important result for Victoria as their batting order is undermanned and a low chase, even on a slow wicket, gives them a better chance than a big chase on a quick surface.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Wow what a finish and probably the biggest upset in the T20 Bash comp especially after the start NSW got. Certainly was a slow scoring pitch but both teams batters threw away their wickets. Can't believe NSW is going to the Champions league, I hope the Dare Devils don't win the IPL as we need Warner to be a real threat as not much big hitters after him.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ommggg what was the almighty katman doing bowling O'keefe at the death!! hahaha but oh well what a win.

Wooohooo going to the Champions League and in the final!!! :D

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Victoria had that game in the bag so many times, but mistakes were costly. There was scarcely a need to play as risky as they did. Finch was probably the only one to not push his luck for a prolonged period and yet he was hardly undone by a great ball. They still finish top of the table, but will be wondering if they have a team that can actually win the final.

formula1man

International Cricketer
so is the team on top if there is a tie decided on who won the match between those teams? coz on cricinfo NSW are 3rd by NRR.

But this sucks, WA and Chennai were supposed to go to the CL, but because of the delay they cant, but i suppose i cant have everything.

ajdude

International Coach
Now I realise why Hodge isn't captain, although he didn't make any mistakes, it must be a jinx on Victoria. :cool: Maybe it's good that we don't have too many of us playing for Australia.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Oh Goodness! What a game. Thought that would be the last Cricket game for the season I'd go to but oh boy! NSW collapse, Thornley played a superb resurrecting innings. At one stage they looked like they would barely make 100.

The bowling was finesse, kind of a mistake to bowl out Bollinger at the beginning as Katich was looking for wickets but didn't strike early on and persisted with him, it almost costed him the game. Even chasing the 128, Victoria looked like they struggled with every bit of the game besides some expensive bowling off Thornley. There were 5 run-outs and 10 that were missed and would've been out if they hit. Every moment the crowd was moaning. That first run-out changed the game. There was never really a single ever in that.

Best Cricket match I've seen live.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
What a game! I'm so happy that we are in the final and in the Champions League. Victoria should of won but NSW bowled very well.

I want to go to the final next Saturday but I don't know if it will be possible.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
After the game against Tasmania, and the 2 hour trek it took to get home, we vowed to never go there again.... but It looks like we might break that vow already :D

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Do you live on the Central Coast or something? Surely it wouldn't be that crowded. Getting out of the parking lot must of been a nightmare.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Thats what I was thinking didn't think Telstra stadium was that far from the city. Looks to be a pretty good ground, wouldn't mind seeing an ODI on it with a better pitch of course.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Do you live on the Central Coast or something? Surely it wouldn't be that crowded. Getting out of the parking lot must of been a nightmare.

No we took the train. Usually to get there it's a half hour train to the city, then another half hour train to Lidcombe then like a 5 min train to ANZ. On the way back there's usually a direct train to the city from ANZ, but instead we had to go to Lidcombe, then an all stops train to the city which took about an hour + and then from the city we had to wait 15 minutes for the train then half hour on the train home...

Users who are viewing this thread