Australian Domestic Cricket

Bluey Zarsoff

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just read Victoria has appointed Mathew Wade as captain in place of Cameron White. Good move IMO. White went desperately close to losing his position in the team early last season and is on the decline.

Bluey Zarsoff

School Cricketer
We certainly need a future leader and White is miles away from the national side now.

I agree with you White is now miles away from national selection, but to me that's not a big factor. I see it more a case of White no longer being an automatic selection. Even though he did finish last season in a lot better shape than he was half way through it.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Whoa that's a radical change to the schedule!
New look domestic schedule announced

• Ryobi Cup starts September 29
  • Will be televised on GEM (HD free to air)
  • Played entirely in suburban Sydney; Bankstown, Blacktown, Hurstville, North Sydney and Drummoyne
  • Final on October 27

I can see a lot of positives. Might even get decent attendance.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
When this was announced on Cricket Australia's facebook page there was only negative comments about the OD scheduling. I was proud that people were voicing their anger about the stupidity of this decision.

I didn't know that this will be televised on Free To Air but what about the rest of the country that can't get out to see their states play. I'd be tempted to go to Hurstville cause I live around the corner but I just don't see how this is a national competition anymore. It might as well be Sydney grade cricket

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I've read a lot of people saying they go to one day games, but frankly the attendance has been awful. And it's non-existent for first class games. If the regular one day crowds started attending first class matches, that would be amazing.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I support this move, but mainly because I'm sick of pay TV and like the idea of more cricket on Nine/GEM. Separating the schedule into blocks of each format makes a lot of sense to me - it should raise the quality as players can really focus on skills and tactics for one form at a time without constantly switching. Not sure about the games only in Sydney bit...but we'll see.

Also shows how highly Cricket Australia think of their state OD matches...not much, to condense them into almost a preseason tournament.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
The cynic in me says the India will be very happy that Perth isn't going to have a Test match next year and that this move was possibly 'arranged' at the board level. Then again, India won in Perth in 2007/08 so I don't want to disparage too harshly :)

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Certainly an interesting decision but someone had to miss out if it was only 4 Tests. I'm surprised that it was Perth because we played so well against India there last time and we normally win there. I don't think India would want to play in Perth either as well, so that makes the decision a strange one.

Are we still playing an ODI series next summer? Surely we would need some preparation for the World Cup.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
The cynic in me says the India will be very happy that Perth isn't going to have a Test match next year

As a viewer, NO! Not only that I would have to wake up early for all the test matches :p , watching the batsman suffer on this pacy and bouncy track had its own thrill. This is particularly unfortunate!

Are we still playing an ODI series next summer?

The Tri Series against India and England.

Bluey Zarsoff

School Cricketer
When 20/20 games were first introduced at State level in Oz some of the crowds were outstanding. I'm not sure the teams concept has really enhanced things.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Well game 1 of the Ryobi Cup is done and dusted.

NSW Blues 9 for 178 (50 Overs)
Steve Smith 70 (99)
Moises Henriques 35 (46)
Kurtis Patterson 22 (44)
Ben Laughlan 3 for 23 (10)
Evan Gulbis 2 for 39 (10)

Tasmanian Tigers 97 (35 Overs)
Ed Cowan 25 (50)
Alex Doolan 24 (49)
Evan Gulbis 14 (16)
Moises Henriques 4 for 17 (8)
Nathan Lyon 2 for 23 (6)

New South Wales won by 81 Runs
Steve Smith Man Of The Match

Nathan Lyon playing his first game for New South Wales today

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Ed Cowan pretty much lost the match for Tasmania, ran-out Doolan & Wells then played a loose shot. :p

----------

I was impressed by the two debutants Patterson & Rainbird, Patterson looked pretty comfortable given the conditions. :)

Users who are viewing this thread