Australian Domestic Cricket

Spickery

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Disappointing display from the Tasmanian batsman today.

I was impressed with the Tasmanian bowlers and their length and accuracy which brought wickets. Sam Rainbird picking up David Warner as his first wicket for Tasmania in One Day cricket was a highlight and is something Rainbird will always remember. Rainbird looks like a promising bowler and will get better as he develops his bowling. It was good to see the return of Ben Hilfenhaus and I thought he was unlucky not to pick up a wicket. He might be a sneaky chance of making it into the Ashes squad if some of Australia's main bowlers aren't fit. Ben Laughlin picked up 3 wickets which is good to see. James Faulkner and Jackson Bird who are two of Tasmania's best bowlers didn't play in this match, so some confidence can be taken out of Tasmanian's bowling performance.

Tasmania never really got going with their batting. Ed Cowan and Alex Doolan made starts with 25 and 24 but at least one of them needed to go on and make a big score. Loose shots and run outs were the downfall of Tasmania's innings. This is something they well need to improve on in this tournament if they wish to be successful.

Onwards and upwards for Tasmania from here on in.

ferg512

International Coach
I just wish they would scrap the BBL and go back to the state based T20. I saw the last two seasons of it and the cricket was really high quality, probably the best I have seen in domestic cricket whereas the BBL is a bit of a shambles.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Well that's not likely to happen but can't disagree. With no team based in my home town I really don't know which teams colours to nail to my mast, where as when it was still state based it was easy. I support my home state of New South Wales

angryangy

ICC Chairman
and he succeeded... previous games have been played on much worse wickets than this, so there is no yardstick to say that 250 is a good score; and they could well be bowled out sooner. No sixes at North Sydney? Not even to take advantage of a strong breeze blowing towards the hill? This is looking like a bonus-point failure by Queensland, especially given that conditions usually favour chasing.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
That's what I'm talking about, that's how you give yourself a chance at NSO. But still, 11 sixes hit by number 9, 10 and 11. What of the other 42 overs?

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Crazy batting by Cutting. Some really clean sixes in that. You get the feeling though that if it was ony any other ground he would have made half of his score. You can only play what is infront of you though, so credit to him.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Also with this format for the Ryobi Cup. I do wonder is it cheaper to play matches at suburban grounds than it is to play at major venues? Also are the teams staying in Sydney the whole time of do they go home after each match. Dunno what would be cheaper. The fly in fly out or accommodation for the squads for the whole 3 to 4 week period.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Check this out
169099.jpg

Also CricInfo says NSW vs South Australia at Drummoyne Oval is a day/nighter. Maybe they've got it wrong

War

Chairman of Selectors
Good stuff from Warner, looking forward to seeing him & Finch opening in T20/ODI's soon for AUS.

Users who are viewing this thread