Australian Domestic Cricket

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Get some dicipline and consistency into South Australia and they have a devastating lineup.

Victoria persist with a number of injury prone players and that could bite yet again this season.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
At the MCG tickets are like $5 and they're cheaper if you have a metcard (train/tram/bus ticket).

I'll be at the first Pura Cup match hopefully.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jimmy Maher has let go of his opening position to allow Shane Watson to open. This is so he can stake his claim for a Test recall as an opener. Read here.

Still don't think he will get picked. I am sure its a direct duel between Jacques and Rogers now.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The selectors love Watson so I wouldn't be surprised if he sneaks in as opener. He'll just need a a few 100s and he'll probably get the gig. No way he should though as he needs to prove his fitness.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
I can go to Vic games for free. Got some card. Too bad I go for WA. :(

Err... Watson as opener in test cricket? That's so gay. WHy not get a proffesional player like Rogers or jaques?

angryangy

ICC Chairman
FR Cup: Queensland vs Tasmania at the Gabba
10 Oct 2:15pm

Queensland
Ryan Broad
Jimmy Maher (capt)
Clinton Perren
Aaron Nye
Michael Buchanan
Craig Philipson
Chris Hartley (wk)
Nathan Reardon
Chris Simpson
Ashley Noffke
Grant Sullivan
Andy Bichel

Tasmania
Michael Di Venuto
Tim Paine (wk)
Michael Dighton
Travis Birt
George Bailey
Daniel Marsh (capt)
Dane Anderson
Mark Divin
Xavier Doherty
Brendan Drew
Brett Geeves
Adam Griffith

Kasprowicz and Watson remain injured for Queensland, while Butterworth and Wright are the casualties for Tasmania. With team regulars Hopes and Hilfenhaus also called up, there is a focus on batting strength and it could result in a high scoring season opener.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Indeed, its on TV aswell. Thats awesome. Great line ups and a great match hopefully!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
That is still one decent bowling lineup for Tassie. Batting is near full strength so should be a good game. It's a shame Simpson hasn't developed his batting skills as his bowling is coming along nicely.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Bichel has been a late withdrawal so that would swing it Tassie way for me.

Just remembered that John Hasting moved to Victoria, he looks to be a promising all rounder would loved to have kept him at NSW.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Couldn't back up his massive 190 sadly, this has Tassie in real trouble now.
Queensland well and truely in the box seat here.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Low scoring game. With a good chance of rain coming, it could be merely a test of survival for Queensland.

The young keeper Tim Paine put Tassie right back in the game with 73 not out. A long patient and rather classical one day knock, minimal on boundaries, the 22 year old took his time and raised his strike rate late, making full use of his agile running between wickets. He was well partnered by debutant all-rounder, Mark Divin who hit 3 sixes to score 41.

226 could well be enough. There is life in the wicket and conditions aren't improving for batsmen. Tassie have a strong pace attack and will be able to take early wickets.

Last edited:

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Jimmy Maher has let go of his opening position to allow Shane Watson to open. This is so he can stake his claim for a Test recall as an opener. Read here.

Still don't think he will get picked. I am sure its a direct duel between Jacques and Rogers now.

Horrible horrible horrible idea. Watson can't even play a game without getting injured and people want him opening the batting in Test Cricket. Test Cricket is a gruelling game, opening would be a shocking idea for Watson.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Horrible horrible horrible idea. Watson can't even play a game without getting injured and people want him opening the batting in Test Cricket. Test Cricket is a gruelling game, opening would be a shocking idea for Watson.
To be fair it's not collapsing from exhaustion that is his problem. The main point is if he can prove himself for Queensland, then he will be in contention. At least if he scores lots of runs and doesn't get injured, he should be in contention for a spot somewhere in the lineup, just like anyone. If he can't do it, he won't get picked. No need for tears.

In other news, Queensland struggling to match Tassie. 4/42 in 17.3 overs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread