Australian Domestic Cricket

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Klinger is certainly up there but hasn't gone as well in the other forms. Hughes is going well in all three and Nannes the same. Probably Nannes the way hes dominating all forms.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Klinger has probably done enough in one dayers to get the nod. Mountains of runs, a genuine stand-out. Following Chris Rogers' move, Klinger was certain to be exiled if he remained in Victoria and like several new inclusions to the Redbacks ranks, has made good on his lifeline.

Really impressed by Lee Carseldine though, who has been the key player for Queensland this season. At 33, his return to state cricket is in itself amazing, after what seemed to be a career ending back injury. Even on return, you'd expect that he would just be a fringe player, or an earnest contributor, but not so. He looks top class at the crease and his continued form in the T20s shows his ability is comparable to the international quality players in other sides. One wonders what might have been in the four years he spent out of the team. The Bulls have put up a very good bio here. Although he hasn't got the most runs, I think it's a better story.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Klinger is certainly up there but hasn't gone as well in the other forms. Hughes is going well in all three and Nannes the same. Probably Nannes the way hes dominating all forms.
Klinger's actually the second leading runs scorer in OD, just hasn't found the success in Twenty20 yet.

Shame the Vics finally lost, I don't know what our selectors are on picking McKay again, he's just not a good limited overs bowler, too expensive. Concedes more than 40 runs in a full 4 over spell and we lose.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
My bad, so then between Klinger and Nannes. Nannes has done it in all 3 forms though so that could work in his favour unless Klinger starts producing in 20/20.

Cameron is in for Bollinger and Forrest in for is 20/20 debut. I really hope they promote Henriques, give him time to settle in and maybe finally produce with the bat.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Klinger is probably the one I would choose to win. He's had a great season. Nannes has also done well in every format like Syl pointed out. Hughes is having a good season, hasn't done enough to win it though.

nickglen

School Cricketer
I think that Nannes will probably scrape in over Klinger. People like Phil Hughes and Chris Rogers have made runs but they haven't played well in all formats.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Well Klinger had a good start in this twenty20, but just got out LBW to thornley on 24.

I'm not surprised South Australia have just had 2 really big overs. Even though they were only going at 6 an over after the first 3 overs they were scoring pretty freely and looking comfortable.

Henriques smashed for 6 first ball.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
SA basically threw it away in the end. Although credit to Cameron, Bracken and Bird they bowled good slower balls to get the mishit.

Warner was awesome again pulling Tait for 6, fast becoming my fav player. Wouldn't mind seeing him get a go in the T20i. Tait came back well in his final over get his vicous reverse swing yorker. But needed a bit more cooler heads once the RRR was below a run a ball. Hughes just needed to take the singles. Henriques was doing that until he tried a Warner but couldn't handle Tait pace. Forrest finally showed the composure we needed to finish off a good win.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Warner and Hughes batted very very good. They got us to about 80 or 90 I think it was without loss after facing the opening partnership of Tait and Tanvir. They did it in quick time too!

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Such clean strokeplay from Warner, watched the highlights on FOX Sports News, most deadly thing is that he can play all over the ground.

Makes me want to go the Twenty20 against Tasmania at ANZ Stadium. I just find that stadium ridiculously small to play Cricket on.

Big Man

Club Cricketer
WA taking on the mighty Vics tomorrow.

CARN WA time to shine baby!!

Users who are viewing this thread