Australian Domestic Cricket

cricketmad09

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
How fast is John Hastings, guys? Looks like a handy all rounder. Has been bailing Victoria out with the bat a few times as well.

Bowls mid 120's to 130. Not overly quick. Usually first change bowler.

cricketmad09 added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Will this thread die for the rest of the winter now?

Probably, considering there will be no Australian domestic cricket. Not exactly a wealth of topics to discuss.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Mitchell Marsh looked very impressive with the ball in the IPL yesterday. Adding to his already impressive batting that i saw of him in the under-19 WC recently.

Looking forward to see if he can replicate what Steve Smith has done in the upcoming domestic seasons.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Mitchell Marsh looked very impressive with the ball in the IPL yesterday. Adding to his already impressive batting that i saw of him in the under-19 WC recently.

Looking forward to see if he can replicate what Steve Smith has done in the upcoming domestic seasons.

Well has has failed so far, not one good innings under his belt yet :brickwall

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hopefully the IPL will give him the confidence needed to push on. Hes probably a better prospect than Henriques as an all rounder, his bowling looks more effective and his batting will only get better.

kirby

School Cricketer
Interestingly, David Warner has re-signed for NSW for the next 3 seasons. I was absolutely sure he'd be going elsewhere to get some Shield cricket, but obviously not. He still won't play Shield though, so maybe the money in Twenty20 has won him over.

kirby

School Cricketer
Yeah, but I though that would have been the exact reason he would be looking for a move. He's going to find it very tough to break into the NSW middle order, and he's got no hope of opening.

P

pcfan123

Interestingly, David Warner has re-signed for NSW for the next 3 seasons. I was absolutely sure he'd be going elsewhere to get some Shield cricket, but obviously not. He still won't play Shield though, so maybe the money in Twenty20 has won him over.

Warner is an example of the "modern" play that frightens me. He expresses no interest in FC cricket and is happy just playing a few internationals a year for AUS and then mercenary style domestic Twenty20.

Its a startling approach to a career and unfortunately I think this will slowly become the norm.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I think what Syl meant was that he wasn't keen on moving out of the state....

Yep. There is no other reason why he would stay with the Blues, I don't think NSW would have offered him more money than the other state sides so it comes down to staying in Sydney vs playing FC cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread