Australian Domestic Cricket

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Man, that's an awesome Aus XI. I've been trying to figure out my full stength NSW team and there's some tough choices on who to drop, and I completely forgot about Lee and Clark :lol

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Stop the press, White just got a wicket!

In other news, Casson has retired at 28. Another victim of the spin cycle and like a number of ex players, dropped for a very random reason.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The news of Beau Casson's retirement is shocking news.Its even more shocking that at a young age of 28,he has tetralogy of fallot.He was prolific in 2007-08 season where he helped New South Wales win the Pura cup which earned him a test callup against West Indies in 2008 where he took 3/86.His cricketing skills will be missed:(

----------

Tasmania all out for 217.Mark Cosgrove 40(83),Matt Johnston 59(120) also hit 3 awesome sixes and keeper Tom Triffitt scored 40 off 79 balls.
Pick of the Victorian bowlers was Clint McKay 6/40(18 overs),Jayde Herrick chipped in with 2 wickets,Scott Boland and skipper Cameron White with one each.
Victoria got off to a poor start losing 3 wickets in a single over by Jackson Bird who dismissed Chris Rogers(6) and then dismissed nightwatchman Scott Boland(0) and Peter Handscomb(0) off succesive deliveries.At the end of day's play Victoria were 18/3 with experienced duo of Rob Quiney batting on 6 and David Hussey on 4 not out.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
And don't start me on all the guys who have left NSW because they couldn't get a game. What are the other states doing??

Add Jackson Bird to that list :p Could do a Copeland like debut. Seems most of the state pitches have gone very bowler friendly going by the amount of bowlers killing it this season especially in comparison to the batsmen.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Now that is pwnage. Faulkner ensured the tail didn't wag. Poor McDonald looked like he finally was hitting some form only to be let down by the rest of the batsmen.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Well forget taking 7 of the Vic's best players out, that's an embarrassing score as it is. Take out Wade and can't even crack a hundred.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Well I'm not sure a NSW B team is particularly easy to beat either :p

Let's say Warner, Hughes, Khawaja, Katich, Clarke, Watson, Haddin, Hauritz, Cummins, Copeland and Bollinger was your Aus XI, then NSW B would still have:

Phil Jaques
Steve Smith
Steve O'Keefe
Brett Lee
Moises Henriques
Josh Hazlewood
Stuart Clark
Beau Casson
All those guys have played for Australia. Nic Maddinson is on the way chosen for Aus A, Burt Cockley was selected as a backup for an Aus tour once.

And don't start me on all the guys who have left NSW because they couldn't get a game. What are the other states doing??
While Cummins might be the pin-up for NSW's talent management policy, Henriques' ability to get Australian caps is surely the definitive argument for the negative.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Faulkner looks to be another Henriques atm. Just can't get that maiden 100 while his bowling continues to shine.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Faulkner doesn't need to feel the pressure yet though, this is pretty much his second season of being able to post reasonable scores with the bat.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Quite strange how Triffitt has been used by Tassie. I've always thought he was a much better batsmen than a number 8.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
NSW finally kicked off after a couple of hours rain delay. Jacques is back in his first FC game since scoring back to back centuries in Feb. Another youngster in Scott Henry playing his second game, Lalor makes his FC debut, as does Kurtis Patterson, whoever that is and Timm van der Gugten. Will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to get their baggy green.

I was looking forward to the final day of the Vic/Tas game, but the Vic's fightback was killed off pretty quick, thanks to Bird's second 5-fer in the match.

----------

* Assuming all those guys are making their debut as they don't have cricinfo stats and I haven't seen them in action.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Now we wait to see how Bird goes on other grounds. Another season like this for Henrick could see him jump into contention.

Maxwell has been disappointing with the bat, was really hoping he would kill on this season. His bowling seems to be handy enough.

Doesn't seem to be much wraps on Henry, never played for Aus u19 and haven't read anything about him killing it in Grade cricket. van der Gugten and Lalor have done just that and Patterson has been Aus u19 best batsmen.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
It's all happening at the SCG. Hazlewood ripping through WA's top order and Lalor in the middle. Too bad we lost a day, but if we roll them for 150, kinda makes up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread