Australian Domestic Cricket

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It's a good point. Whether young or old, I think we tend to write a player off pretty quickly. So it's ironic that one of the loudest calls in cricketdom is "bring in the new blood". You get these 17-18 year olds playing, showing promise, but also not being the complete article; ultimately inferior to mature first class cricketers. But that's what you'd expect, right? Apparently not.

cricketmad09

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
GO VICS!

Having said that the conditions at North Sydney are farcical. If you're gonna have boundaries that small you need to give something to the bowlers. At the moment with small grounds and a flat track, batsmen are struggling to keep down their erections before they go out and bat.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Get Finch into the odi and t20 sides asap!!

angryangy

ICC Chairman
GO VICS!

Having said that the conditions at North Sydney are farcical. If you're gonna have boundaries that small you need to give something to the bowlers. At the moment with small grounds and a flat track, batsmen are struggling to keep down their erections before they go out and bat.
Really, the only hope for bowlers is that they struggle to put on their box and get timed out.

Robelinda

International Coach
thought last years game was a beauty, with Smith making that crazy score to chase down 318, but gosh chasing 350 is nuts, with overs top spare! When i woke up yesterday and saw that Nth sydney was the venue, AND Finch was playing, i got aroused. Seeing Finch launch those insane sixes at the Gabba last month, it was a mouth watering prospect to imagine what he could do at Nth Sydney, and how glorious it was, farcical conditions or not, he doesnt wait for bad balls, just launches anything miles back, Gayle style. He has shown this summer that he is too good for domestic odi's, time to find out what he can do internationally. World Cup 2015 could be a finch sixes carnival.

----------

Two of the most overrated players in Australia are Paine and Faulkner. Paine's keeping is average at best and his batting is piss poor. He has a horrid strike rate which puts so much pressure on everybody else in the team. Even in 4 day cricket his average is only a tick over 30 and has only ever scored 1 FC century. That's less than Mitchell Johnson and Nathan Hauritz and the same at Ben Cutting and Nathan Rimmington.

Faulkner is an average bowler at best. Consistently gets hit around the park and doesn't take that many wickets either. When he actually does take a wicket it's usually due to batsman error instead of bowler skill. His average of 35 and economy rate of 5.5 speak for themselves.

Paine is overrated for sure. Never scored a FC ton as a keeper. Only one ton (playing as a batsman) and that was 6 years ago (?). Crazy. One day batting is awful, just gets bogged down, did the same for Australia too, but we had gun firepower lower down to compensate. Really pleased that the dynamic Wade is getting a good shot at international cricket, he is special, and needs time to find his inner Gilchrist!

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
When i woke up yesterday and saw that Nth sydney was the venue, AND Finch was playing, i got aroused.

He's cracked one through the covers and I can tell you those sheets blew up into something like a big Pakistani marquee...:D

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Mitchell Marsh has a grade 3 hamstring tear, it will require surgery and it's safe to say he won't be playing cricket for 3-6 months.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Nice all round performance by Hastings not much else to write home about for Victoria though. Hughes must have jumped to next in line again.

Users who are viewing this thread