Batsmen With Mini Bodies. Why?

Hester

County Cricketer
Something I noticed in Ashes cricket was that the bodies of batsmen were very small. It seems bigant have taken it even further in cricket 19.

The batsmen have tiny bodies. Skinny thighs, tiny bums, short legs, 16 inch waists. And massive heads!

It's an obviously conscious design choice by bigant because they even reduce the size of the bats in an attempt to make the players look normal size.

Does anyone know what bigant's fascination with grown men having boy bodies is all about?

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Gurjot95

National Board President
It was one of my first impression too when I saw the first screenshots of game. I might be wrong but it does look odd to me that some players have relatively bigger face size.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I already raised the head to body ratio issue earlier in other thread. This was fine in both dbc14 and 17 but Ashes and too much skinny in cricket 19

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
The current option of body build slider in player creator does not change players body that much even if we set it to maximum. I have raised this concern to mattw earlier but someone made a joke on my request by making comparision with WWE players.
I still feel that body sizes needs to be increased more for the body build slider.

Hester

County Cricketer
The current option of body build slider in player creator does not change players body that much even if we set it to maximum. I have raised this concern to mattw earlier but someone made a joke on my request by making comparision with WWE players.
I still feel that body sizes needs to be increased more for the body build slider.

Very interesting. Although, even if it was possible to create players to give them a more realistic size, the England and Australia team will be stuck looking like mini men. Unless they can be edited too?

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I doubt it'll be fixed considering it was an issue in Ashes too.
I didn't see it as an issue in Ashes, the players bodies looked fine in Ashes. In Cricket 19 they may be a bit skinnier, but from what I saw on people's streams yesterday it looked fine to me, seems they may have fixed it a bit. It's not really anything to worry about, although Kurtis Patterson's head size is another story...:p

Hester

County Cricketer
I didn't see it as an issue in Ashes, the players bodies looked fine in Ashes. In Cricket 19 they may be a bit skinnier, but from what I saw on people's streams yesterday it looked fine to me, seems they may have fixed it a bit. It's not really anything to worry about, although Kurtis Patterson's head size is another story...:p

I think you need to have another look mate! Steve Smith looked to have the body and legs of an 8 year old boy on one demo video I saw!

Hester

County Cricketer

They weren't fine in Ashes and they are even worse in Cricket 19.

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
everyone has stick thighs ,which is weird ,hopefully they improve it in next game and make the bodies more realistically proportionate.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Players were running on treadmill non-stop for almost two years :lol

The_Pharoah

International Coach
well then, someone show me a pic of what Mark Cosgrove looks like in Ashes Cricket 19 (I think he might still be playing for Leicestershire).

Users who are viewing this thread