Tutorial Batting Tips

chrisw2k5

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hint: I'm pretty damn sure that the pitches are different sizes. I was playing at Kolkatta (:laugh) and hit a few. Was also much easier to get 4's than say at Lords, and there were hardly any 3's, so yeh I think the pitches are different sizes!

formula1man

International Cricketer
I hit a 6 with Johnson on hard against Flintoff. It was a great pull shot square of the wicket. On his way to 92 as Australia crashed out 115 and 297 to lose to England at Cardiff by 10 wickets after they scored 401 in first innings.

spaga1994

Club Cricketer
hit one six on hard with simon kattich when he was on 60 odd against england it was a very nice pull shot

ThandaMilk

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hint: I'm pretty damn sure that the pitches are different sizes. I was playing at Kolkatta (:laugh) and hit a few. Was also much easier to get 4's than say at Lords, and there were hardly any 3's, so yeh I think the pitches are different sizes!

Am sure you mean the grounds are different sizes.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I've hit 3 sixes in my ODi innings so far, 1 with Strauss and 2 with Pietersen, 36 overs in. Not that hard to hit sixes really.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
In hard a hit a couple in a 6 over match. I know what you mean on how annoying it is that the ball always falls short of the boundary, it's as if the ground expands

Roncatto

School Cricketer
Com is just slogging it

i just started a test vs new zealand on hard. i batted 1st and got 320. the com now has gone mad. they are 243 of 18 overs. please tell me they havent made it stuidly aggressive when they bat!!!

Steely123

School Cricketer
In my first game i won the toss and batted, was about 35-0 thinking it was a bit too easy, then lost 9 wickets and found myself 112-9. I finished on 157 all out somehow, with Monty Panesar hitting my first 6 on the game :) off Mitchell Johnson (suprise suprise) :)

alioz

Club Cricketer
How to play spinners

Please help me with playing against spinners. all i seem to do is give catches to spinners when playing against another human. also when you play a yorker and some one bowls a slow yorker then batsmen seem to miss it by miles on online. :doh

GilchristRulz

Club Cricketer
I had this problem aswell but what i do now is just wait for the ball then play my shots works for me lol.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's all about timing. My personal favourite is to both spinners and yorkers, to come down the wicket and hit it for a four or six. Took me like 3 matches to get the hang of it but it works for me now. Try playing on easy and try to master playing spin from there and build it up from their advancing to normal then hard. Or you could just play front/back foot defensive strokes.

P

pcfan123

bowl a better line (in the yellow areas) try to mix up pace to take some wickets.

Dez

Club Captain
Try bowling to a plan.

I tried having a predominantly offside field and bowling wide of off stump and varying the length and pace of my deliveries which brought the point and cover regions into play.

Worked better from around the wicket to the left handers (with the right-arm bowlers) and over the wicket with the left armers.

nimish_sach

Club Cricketer
Try to defend get the timing for your defense correct and then go for your shots. Try playing grounded stroke and wait for the ball to come to you once it lands on the pitch then try playing if you play any before or late you ll get a nick and will be caught by keeper. I had the same problem in the test match where I had a bit of a collapse but then I took around 15 overs just to get use to the way of spin bowling and was scoring at only around 2 RPO. Once I was confident I started driving down the ground and through covers.

99 Not Out

Club Cricketer
Have you tried visiting the Legends Coaching and in the Advanced Training Section, there is a hint called "Playing the Spinners" or something.

What helped with me is just leaving the ball outside offstump. Eventually Nathan Hauritz got annoyed and bowled short or a full toss and I put him away easily. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread