Battlefield 4

Gurjot95

National Board President
Wow! Holy ----! Can't wait to play this game. Absolutely Amazing!

and you said Battlefield 4 will follow COD path with 2 years in between for next game.

Last edited by a moderator:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was a big BF fan, perhaps even fanboy in between BC2 and BF3. BF3 was a huge letdown though for me, and the trailer makes BF4 look like BF3.5. I used to say it with COD after they made similar trailers and honestly it seems like nothing more than an expansion at this stage. When the gun sounds and the reload sounds are almost identical to the previous game you have a bit of a problem.

I don't see myself getting it unless there are 64 players on console and more improvements than it seems so far.

I hope they make a more BF2 or BC2 style game for core BF fans rather than another game to try and bring over the COD faithful.

Gurjot95

National Board President
2 years development is more due to EA being their publishers I think. EA are the worst publishers ever by far. I hate their marketing strategy and so called DLC. Funny how they call first day DLC as an expansion pack when it's just the part cut from the game.

Coming back to game, even though there is only 2 years gap, it still is vastly improved than COD, just shows how lazy COD development team are. I like how there are more action/playable cinematic scenes in the campaign, just hope they can match the story of Infinity Ward's game and that's the only thing I liked about COD. I am not a graphic fanatic when it comes to shooter games but I can still see improvements in lightning and lens flare. Hopefully it'll live up to expectations. PC users won't regret it so I don't need to worry about :D

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
OMG! The single player/co-op in BF3 was just terrible but the multiplayer was awesome imo, the best shooter I've played, and with a little firesquad of mates on skype in a 64 slot server it's a lot of fun.

Can't wait for this, mainly for the multiplayer though.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
2 years development is more due to EA being their publishers I think. EA are the worst publishers ever by far. I hate their marketing strategy and so called DLC. Funny how they call first day DLC as an expansion pack when it's just the part cut from the game.

Coming back to game, even though there is only 2 years gap, it still is vastly improved than COD, just shows how lazy COD development team are. I like how there are more action/playable cinematic scenes in the campaign, just hope they can match the story of Infinity Ward's game and that's the only thing I liked about COD. I am not a graphic fanatic when it comes to shooter games but I can still see improvements in lightning and lens flare. Hopefully it'll live up to expectations. PC users won't regret it so I don't need to worry about :D

Yeah EA are a joke.

COD got a bad rap for not ever improving the engine and also for not making any real gameplay changes for so many years. For this new edition of BF it looks the same. Same engine and no real gameplay changes.

Anyway, that's I what I get from that trailer. The campaign will be trash and the co-op likely will as well. Hopefully if they make it more of a BF game rather than a COD game this time around it'll merit a purchase for me.

Users who are viewing this thread