Best batsman today ?

sammy

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
who would you say is the best batsman playing today ?

chanderpaul in my opinion

Last edited:

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Sangakarrra is average has tripled since he stopped keeping

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
We have discussed this many times. Sangakkara is going great guns these days.
In ODIs Andrew Symonds has taken his batting skills to high levels.

FreddieFan

International Coach
There's no doubt in my mind that Ponting is the best batsman currently playing, and only Sangakarra comes close. There are other batsmen out there that I really rate - Yousuf, Chanderpaul, Hussey, Kallis - but none of them are on the level of my first 2.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Sangakkara
Chanderpual
Kallis
Hussey
Jayawardene
Ponting
Younis

in no particular order.

Last edited:

pingusten

Club Cricketer
The problem with Kallis is his inconsistency, more so than any other batsman. Of course, they all have there off days, but he seems to swing from the sublime to the downright disgusting.

Best batsman? Has to Chanderpaul, wowed me when I saw him over here at Headingley. I don't think I've seen a one man team before, but the West Indies certainly were. He looked so assertive on such an unpredictable pitch.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Chanderpaul and Sangakarra by a mile..

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I'd go with Ponting, looking at test matches of course. In ODI's I think it would have to be Hayden because he has been a beast.

Test matches has a few more contenders, though. I shudder at handing out this title to a Jayawardene or Sangakkara based on form because if we are going by primarily that, Ganguly has been one of the top run-scorers this year...

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
The problem with Kallis is his inconsistency, more so than any other batsman. Of course, they all have there off days, but he seems to swing from the sublime to the downright disgusting.

Best batsman? Has to Chanderpaul, wowed me when I saw him over here at Headingley. I don't think I've seen a one man team before, but the West Indies certainly were. He looked so assertive on such an unpredictable pitch.

yea Kallis has been great in tests but in ODIs he strugles to score quickly and he hasnt been making runs at all.

id have to agree about Chanderpaul, if there was another batsman that could support him in the england series it wouldnt have been so one sided.

Bilal91

International Coach
i am surprised no body has said Yuvrag...i mean he is an excellent player and very very consistent as well...was dropped for the test against pak but when he got his chance look what he did...if not the best, he is right now with his hot form, one of the best out there...

Users who are viewing this thread