Best Commentator

01tstraw

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
bumble is the best comentator ever and then it would have to be micheal holding cause i love his accent and Botham is pretty cool aswell cause he talkes the truth about the england team, normally that they are s**t.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
these are my choice.,
harsha bhogle
navjot sidhu
geoffrey boycott
micheal holding
barry richards and
mark nicholas........

Trescothick

Club Cricketer
My favourite commentators are Henry Blofeld and Jonathon Agnew, from BBC Radio 4's Test Match Special.

shahid6995

Club Cricketer
Boycott. When he is blunt and spontaneous. If the commentators are allowed to curse on air it would be funny as hell! Other than Boycott, Holding. Just love his accent. Sidhu is ridiculous but funny, so I dont mind him either. These are just all for entertainment value, there are a lot of others that have a great knowledge and are very good commentators.

nik said:
i have never actually heard Blofield, so far!
Anyone remember his obsession with ladies' bangles at Sharjah? That was so funny.

Trescothick

Club Cricketer
nik said:
i have never actually heard Blofield, so far!

He spends his test match afternoons getting excited at passing buses, looking out for any form of aircraft, being entertained by pigeons, and generally having a splendid time taking an interest in anything that takes his fancy... pausing occasionally to remind listeners that there is a match on, but not much is happening.

I can't remember who it was against, but there was a test at Trent Bridge a couple of years ago where a flock of pigeons made themselves at home on the outfield. Whenever the ball or a fielder came their way, they swiftly departed, all except for one brave soul.

I think he was there all five days, and by the end of the match Henry Blofeld had named him Charlie, decided upon his life story, and delved into the depths of his character...

It's not that there's anything boring about the cricket... he gets equally excited about that sometimes too :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread