Your Cricket Best Scores

What Achievements have you made?

• Total voters
99 off 48, I think. In bowling department, I got a 6 for 21 in 8 overs with my medium pacers.

haha! I scored 51 runs once in an 8-over match. My best score ever!

Unusual dismissal: I never respect any spinner no matter how good they are. So This guy comes on bowling offspin. I thought i gonna stay deep in the crease and hit him with the spin in the leg side. The plan was nice and simple. I stayed back, made the good length ball into a short ball and hooked it for six. But here comes the problem. I stay too deep in the pitch. As i completed my hook shot, i was watching ball going for six but my left foot hitting the stumps.:facepalm . I was like wtf.

Best score is 119* in a 20 over match. I have crossed 100 only twice, 102 being the other score. I'm a very aggressive batsman who can bowl. Due to my sehwag-like temperament i generally opens for my team. While fielding i'm a wicket-keeper and then come as first change bowler and then go back to keeping after completing my spell.

Most funny incident in field: I was keeping wickets, it was a rainy day. There was a slight drizzle but we decided to carry on. Batsman top-edged a ball. It was way up in the air and i was nicely positioning myself to take it. Then as ball was on its was down, i slipped:facepalm. Fell on my back. I was looking up and i could see the ball coming towards me. It fell on my chest and i grabbed it before it touches the ground.:p

Another moment was quite painful one. My friend Nick was bowling and i was keeping. He was getting smashed. To tease him a little i stood up to the wickets. Next thing he did was a keeper's nightmare while standing so close to stumps. Bugger bowled a short ball, the ball struck my adams apple and i was cursing him. Everyone else was laughing as they know what has happened.

Hit 67 off 63 opening the batting and took 5/15 in the same match from 11 overs.

As Ice Cube would say, it was a good day.

We have to retire at 100 balls in 50 over matches, but that normally gives you plenty of time if you are batting well. We play a few 30 over games too and we normally only retire at around 50 balls for these.

Once I played in a 6 a side competition that was 5 overs for each team. I hit 30 off 9 and then I got retired, for my teammate who came in and hit 67 off 11 (straight hits were worth double). We posted about 130 from our 5 overs.

Wow, so it's kinda like indoor cricket only outside.

We retire at 50 in U-15's and 100 in U-17's.

You have to retire in U15s and U17s? That's weird.
I thought that retiring crap stopped when you finished junior cricket.

-D-S-B- added 2 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

That's probably why AUS are good at cricket, they all get a decent chance in every game right up till U17 level.
While we only have 1 or 2 good batsmen because guys like Ross Taylor would open and get 300 and no one else got a chance to bat :p

My best score is 18 in 5 balls. One six, two fours and a some singles!
That was a 5 over game:D
Best bowling is 2 wickets in 1 overs and i gave 4 runs!

if we aren't talking about backyard cricket then I have 94 as my best but I had once scored 387 in backyard cricket which was a real fun.:D

We actually have decent backyard rules. My top score is like 127 but apart from that the average score is extremely low, prolly around 20-30.

in school matches we don't have to retire but I haven't taken advantage yet because my best score is only 19, but this is my first ever club season. If were talking about backyard cricket my highest score is 650* and I average about 300

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread