Big Ant Cricket first video

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Will the game be modding friendly? Due to licence issue you may have used imaginary kits,logos,sponsors, so if its easily moddable the longevity of game will be increased. You know about EA Cricket 07,its still active because of modding..

Most of our games have been very mod-friendly, most recent example of which is Rugby League Live 2, it has a modding community already and was released only in October last year.

We give source data structures to trusted people and will do our best to support the community to keep our games alive.

Zaxotes

National Board President
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Games will be alive as long as they are modded! :p
I would like to know whether any licensed accessories, say nike wristband, puma boots and adidas headbands can be added in the academy to any player? And, what are the possibilities in the Batsman's or Wicket Keeper's editors? What can and what can't be put to them? Are all the accessories generic or any of them look real (licensed)? And, can a batsman select a bat of his own? A licensed bat? A customized one? Can new accessories and bats be created for the game without modding? In this regard, may I also request a short video on kit editor? And what about the stadia? Are they licensed or generic? Plus, what's the existing ROSTER of the game? Does that Include all International and popular Domestic Teams and Leagues? That was a lot from me, but believe me, I just can't wait to play this game!

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Just to add a bit in what Zaxotes said. if you aren't using any licensed accessories, could you atleast provide fake ones? We are pretty good in ripping things off the net and putting it in the game. :spy

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Just to add a bit in what Zaxotes said. if you aren't using any licensed accessories, could you atleast provide fake ones? We are pretty good in ripping things off the net and putting it in the game. :spy

The game will ship with a lot of content.

ricky87

Club Captain
Don't know why they are so keen on modding anyway, I would not like anyone to tamper with the integrity of my game. Besides, I think that the game is going to be so vast that modding would not even be meaningful.

Last edited:

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
The game will ship with a lot of content.

thats awesome. would love to have some extensive kits for players giving them a more authentic and close to their real-life self or just a distinct look from the rest of the teamates. be it the color of the gloves or boots specially for test matches.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Don't know why they are so keen on modding anyway, I would not like anyone to tamper with the integrity of my game. Besides, I think that the game is going to be so vast that modding would not even be meaningful.

This forum was built on modding, editing and patching cricket games. The longevity of this game, and indeed Ashes 2013, will suffer if someone on here can't get into the files and bring the kits up to date and so on.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Indeed but his point is that developers aren't usually over-supportive of modding in cricket titles. They are in football games for example though and have been for years. Cricket just needs to catch up.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Maybe you got the whole modding notion wrong

Modding doesn't means cracking games for pirates but to add or fix features

No games I have played has been 100% perfect. There are always some bugs which are overlooked or not caught by tester's. Specially Cricket games which in past have been filled with many or totally broken features

Modder's fix these things and make the game more playable.

It makes much more sense in Cricket games since they come 3-4 years apart sometimes

I meant to ask this too but totally skipped my mind. Thank you Ross for answering us. If its there you will make us cricket lover's extremely happy and there are some extremely talented modder's hidden here in PC

Zaxotes

National Board President
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Games will be alive as long as they are modded! :p
I would like to know whether any licensed accessories, say nike wristband, puma boots and adidas headbands can be added in the academy to any player? And, what are the possibilities in the Batsman's or Wicket Keeper's editors? What can and what can't be put to them? Are all the accessories generic or any of them look real (licensed)? And, can a batsman select a bat of his own? A licensed bat? A customized one? Can new accessories and bats be created for the game without modding? In this regard, may I also request a short video on kit editor? And what about the stadia? Are they licensed or generic? Plus, what's the existing ROSTER of the game? Does that Include all International and popular Domestic Teams and Leagues? That was a lot from me, but believe me, I just can't wait to play this game!

I forgot to ask about something similar to EA's "GAMEFACE". Will any feature like that going to be included for created players to feel more authentic?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
I forgot to ask about something similar to EA's "GAMEFACE". Will any feature like that going to be included for created players to feel more authentic?

We're not doing a "Gameface" equivalent for this edition.

Zaxotes

National Board President
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
We're not doing a "Gameface" equivalent for this edition.

So, this can be expected in subsequent editions! BTW, what will the game be called? Don't revel the name, just confirm us whether it will have any suffix like 2013/2k13/13 anything like that...

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Are you guys moving to the ps4 soon Ross.
Only 4 days to go till we see the new Sony machine.;)

Also will we have ranked skill for teams we create.
Meaning we don't create something to over the top.
I was hoping for a start team, say 1 star and have to work
Up to say a 5 star team by playing the career or a lot
Of single player, online.:D p.s your game sounds killer Ross.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Are you guys moving to the ps4 soon Ross.
Only 4 days to go till we see the new Sony machine.;)

Also will we have ranked skill for teams we create.
Meaning we don't create something to over the top.
I was hoping for a start team, say 1 star and have to work
Up to say a 5 star team by playing the career or a lot
Of single player, online.:D p.s your game sounds killer Ross.

I'm more interested in what everyone will think of the controller :spy

Users who are viewing this thread