Big Ant Review System (BARS) "Sneak Peek"

Dannyburke

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
This has probably been asked so apologies in advance but its something I just thought of.

I am pretty sure I read somewhere along the line that you will know when you have nicked the ball through the vibrating controller. Will you ever be given out caught behind (or even bat pad maybe?) when you haven't hit the ball?

You can then use BARS to prove you didnt.

I know umpire "errors" will be included in the game but I was wondering if it was LBW only.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's part of the "poker" involved in getting your opposition to use up all of their challenges :)

TripleM

Club Captain
Its going to be incredibly satisfying being given out and overturning it.

It's going to be even more incredibly satisfying being given out, reviewing it, finding the edge was so thin that you hadn't noticed, and not being overturned.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Ross/mikey/hbk....to clarify something....the controller vibrates if there is an edge. Does it vibrate for all kinds of edges? If that does, that makes the batting side pretty sure about which edges to review and which he should not review. But i am guessing the controller does not vibrates for very thin edges?

angad

Chairman of Consent
Ross/mikey/hbk....to clarify something....the controller vibrates if there is an edge. Does it vibrate for all kinds of edges? If that does, that makes the batting side pretty sure about which edges to review and which he should not review. But i am guessing the controller does not vibrates for very thin edges?

MikeM had already confirmed it a long time ago that not all edges would result in vibration or allow you to walk.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
MikeM had already confirmed it a long time ago that not all edges would result in vibration or allow you to walk.

Thanks. Had a similar feeling but was not sure.

I hope they have put the walk button far away from anything else.

Because I ain't walking even after i get bowled.....

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
It's going to be even more incredibly satisfying being given out, reviewing it, finding the edge was so thin that you hadn't noticed, and not being overturned.

Or you can always blame the technology for not being 100% correct 'coz.. well, batsman knows when he's out and when he isn't.

Orangzeb

Banned
I saw this video again yesterday and noticed a thing :

between appeal / umpire / BARS Decision and other cut scenes the time span is very short, it's like the person who was playing it tried to skipped everything..

any light on this ?

Ze Hydra

School Cricketer
How many appeals does one get, is it possible at the start of a game to choose to either have the reviews or have a 1-infinite number of reviews?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
How many appeals does one get, is it possible at the start of a game to choose to either have the reviews or have a 1-infinite number of reviews?

Please download CA and your answer is right there. PS If you can not then yes 1 to 3 if I remember right.

Users who are viewing this thread