Big Bash League

Who has the lamest name?

• Total voters

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Crap, there goes the guy I was backing to smash us home in emphatic style. Still run a ball required and O'Keefe might start forcing again.

----------

My eyes are bleeding :facepalm

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Phew. Smithy was my next hope of smashing us some breathing room and he's delivered.

----------

Yes!! Cut the Blues in half and we're still too good :lol Congrats boys :clap

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Jeez what a brilliant day, 4-0 whitewash, BBL title and England falling to pieces. Can't get better than that.

Well played Sixers. MacGill just mentioned this is the core NSW side and he is spot on. No imports in this side, the NSW team continues to do the business.

cricketmad09

International Coach
Scorchers can consider themselves a bit unlucky. Henriques pulled something out of his arse that he wouldn't be able to repeat in a long time and O'Keefe made the worst 48 i've ever seen in a T20 innings.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It seemed a pitch conducive to bad batting. It really didn't look like there was much to stop the batsmen, it's just that they didn't score. Perth badly wasted the opening stanza; on the weight of the rest of their innings, they probably should have made 175. The spinners had Marsh struggling to pick the gaps and pretty much everyone could have kept Collingwood bottled up if it weren't for his arsey paddling.

Beer did a lot of damage for Perth across the tournament by taking the new ball and sliding the ball on at opening batsmen who apparently expected him to turn one. It was a big play, perhaps the most crucial, for the Sixers to find someone who could actually play him for what he is, but I still can't believe it was Henriques.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Sydney Won Oh Yeah :thumbs:thumbs

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So the team with the lamest name (referring to the poll) has won. A successful season I guess. I didn't watch much of this but it seemed more popular than the previous one with state-based teams.

cricketmad09

International Coach
So the team with the lamest name (referring to the poll) has won. A successful season I guess. I didn't watch much of this but it seemed more popular than the previous one with state-based teams.

I watched most of this tournament because of the Warne/Hogg/MacGill factor and how there was nothing else on TV, but I would much rather have the regular state teams playing.

I think it's better for cricket as a whole to have state teams playing who are still focusing on developing national cricketers instead of playing strictly their best XI. Would much rather have seen Tom Beaton play the season than Paul Collingwood for eg. Also with state based teams it allows them to pluck guys from grade cricket/nowhere to play. Last season due to T20's we found two international players from nowhere, but this season all the players are signed up in advance and you don't get that freedom to promote a bloke like Cummins was last season.

I just hope that they don't expand next season. 10 teams would be a terrible, terrible idea.

Doodlesweaver

Club Cricketer
Scorchers can consider themselves a bit unlucky. Henriques pulled something out of his arse that he wouldn't be able to repeat in a long time and O'Keefe made the worst 48 i've ever seen in a T20 innings.

The seam bowling apart from Coulter-Nile was awful. Rimmington is supposed to be good at yorkers but he didn't get one all night and the over he bowled to Steve Smith at the end was laughable.

Edmonson wasn't much better - one of his wides wasn't even on the pitch - they both looked out of their depth under the pressure of a final.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Well played Sixers. MacGill just mentioned this is the core NSW side and he is spot on. No imports in this side, the NSW team continues to do the business.

It'll be interesting to see whether they even pick their international players for the CL. I assume Bravo will be ineligible, but once you add in Haddin, Cummins, and Watson there probably won't be any room for Lumb and McCullum. They've got the two guys who opened in the final, plus Haddin and Watson, so really they have need for Lumb, and they've got Cummins, Lee, MacGill, and Starc as a bowling quartet. Once they bring in Haddin though for Nevill, they could play McCullum at seven as well as the four bowlers.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
It will be interesting seeing what they do at full strength. MacGill hasn't confirmed he will take part in the CL but if he does then things get interesting. SOK is highly regarded so he might end up taking his spot anyway. McCullum might have a chance at 7 or SOK might take that spot and allow MacGill to play.

Lineup probably will look something like:
Watson
Haddin
Maddinson
Smith
Henriques
Rorher
SOK
Lee
Cummins
Starc
MacGill

War

Chairman of Selectors
It will be interesting seeing what they do at full strength. MacGill hasn't confirmed he will take part in the CL but if he does then things get interesting. SOK is highly regarded so he might end up taking his spot anyway. McCullum might have a chance at 7 or SOK might take that spot and allow MacGill to play.

Lineup probably will look something like:
Watson
Haddin
Maddinson
Smith
Henriques
Rorher
SOK
Lee
Cummins
Starc
MacGill

potential winning team if they can keep Lee and Watson away from an IPL side along with Bollinger.

Users who are viewing this thread