Big Eye, Big Pitch, Big Wheel Screenshots

intisar.hasnain

Club Captain
What about big ear screen?.

BigEar can't be explained just by see-ing a screenie, it has to be heard...
Wait a bit maybe?...

----------

I know bigant are open to suggestion to improve the game like any other devloper.

You're right there.. No harm in suggesting what one thought would be better. :thumbs
But We'd all be happy if the 'suggestions' kept the feel of suggestions, rather than sounding like accusation of 'what have you done!', 'oh no!', 'that sucks!', 'complete waste!' etc... :facepalm

varunschuey

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The screenshots are good and these features are awesome. People are not worried about the blur issue as it has no impact whatsoever on game play.

However, the following issues have come to the fore by looking at the Wagon Wheel:

1. There are 5 lofted shots straight down the ground and all of them have pitched on an identical length. This is a massive cause for concern as it cannot be coincidence or muscle memory for 5 balls to pitch on identical lengths and hints at a batting system which is not realistic. This can be easily exploited by the batsman as timing and power seems to have no apparent influence on the distance achieved and also by the fielding team by positioning fielders at the required distance from the bat to exploit this bug.

2. The fact that not s single run has been scored behind square on the offside in an innings that spanned 93 deliveries is beyond me. If the physics are realistic as claimed, there would at least be a thick edge or two down to the third man area even if deliberate shots were avoided.

3. A Spider graph looks awesome and pleasing to the eye when it reflects shots all around the ground. When I play EA Cricket 07, I try to pepper every corner of the ground just for the aesthetics of the 'Spider'. It therefore again beats me as to why somebody would want to deliberately not score any runs behind square and even turn down singles and put out a graph in public that raises so many concerns.

4. Why does the BigAnt team always engineer stuff and in a way that detracts from normal proceedings? Is it so difficult to depict a wagon wheel wheel with a decent score without 'Staging' it? Can anyone not score a few 2s in a 93 ball innings without resorting to artificial means such as slowing down fielders?

5. 93 ball innings in 25 minutes as stated by MikeM? This cannot be right as the batsmen at the other end would have faced 30 balls at least and that would mean 20 plus overs in 25 minutes.

I am not taking a dig at the game, I still believe this will be the best representation of the sport till date but just providing honest feedback so that Ross and team can address it.

I shall be happy to be proven wrong if the extenuating circumstances explained by MikeM are valid but that does not seem likely due to the points mentioned above.

@Ross/Mike, I am sure you will take this as constructive criticism and iron out the apparently game breaking bugs

@Fans of the Game, I am a massive fan myself but let's try to provide honest impressions and feedback about the game. There is no point in shying away from the truth and being blissfully ignorant. Please provide constructive feedback in a positive manner so that both us and Big Ant can gain out if it.

@Angad, I used to like you a lot. You have always posted meaningful stuff without meaningless banter and displayed passion towards cricket games but I think you could have responded to Suresh's concerns more tactfully. I understand that you have a good rapport with Ross and you may be privy to certain stuff and you have earned it. However, please do not try to nip discussions which are valid in nature in an effort to mask any negative points about the game.

Last edited:

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
On the filters, we've got quite a few, it's all match based, on the next consoles we will have historical data as well.

but, you can show data for batsman/bowler combos, batsman against left handed bowlers, right handed, spin, pace, bowlers against left/right handed batsman and over/around wicket.

On next consoles i want to be able to store all this data for every match a player takes part in and then be able to bring up info on things like how a batsman has been dismissed against spinners or pace etc. (just don't have quick and easy way to do it on current consoles)

Amazing mike, after a long night at work to read your posts was just what the doctor ordered. To bad there was so many posts on here just trying to pick every little thing on here.
PS To some of the members who think we just say nice things to bigant is wrong. I bet there will be a list of bugs and problems when the game get's release this year, I bet this thread will be as popular as stories about career mode and other gems we are all looking forward to. :clap

varunschuey

Club Captain
@varunschuey - did you read MikeyMerren's post? The "innings" wasn't a normal situation.

Yes, I did read that. Please look at point number 2, 3 and 4 in my post where I refer to it, especially point 4 where I question why it is not a 'Normal' situation.

BigAnt are either giving us unfathomable explanations to cover up their deficiencies or there is a serious issue in the logic behind staging things which cause unnecessary grief.

There is also no explanation from either Ross or Mike to the identical length issue. Is that not a major point that they have seemingly left unanswered.

Last edited:

TripleM

Club Captain
Indeed. As he said, he hit the ball to third man, but didn't run; presumably to keep the strike to get to 50 faster. This also explains the time; the other batter wouldn't have faced 30 balls as he was attempting to get 50 as fast as possible. That is a perfectly logical reason for 2), 3), 4) and 5).

varunschuey

Club Captain
The purpose was to get screenshots. So as not to waste time that's not going to be a "normal" play session.

He still had to play 93 balls. He would have got a screenshot via normal means by facing the same number of deliveries. There was no additional time required to do it the normal way and in fact if the 'Staging' is indeed true then he would have actually spent more time configuring the game to behave unnaturally.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The point it that it wasn't meant to be a demonstration of gameplay; it was meant to be a demonstration of graphics.
Therefore any comments you have on the screens should be based on how they look rather than trying to extrapolate about gameplay.

varunschuey

Club Captain
Indeed. As he said, he hit the ball to third man, but didn't run; presumably to keep the strike to get to 50 faster. This also explains the time; the other batter wouldn't have faced 30 balls as he was attempting to get 50 as fast as possible. That is a perfectly logical reason for 2), 3), 4) and 5).

If he could run 2s in and around the 30 yard circle (due to the slowness of fielders), I am sure he could have had easy 2s to keep the strike when it went down to third man :)

Please look at the situation objectively. No point in wearing rose tinted glasses. :)

TripleM

Club Captain
If he could run 2s in and around the 30 yard circle (due to the slowness of fielders), I am sure he could have had easy 2s to keep the strike when it went down to third man :)

Please look at the situation objectively. No point in wearing rose tinted glasses. :)

An edge to third man in real life tends to go directly to the fielder, and normally very quickly due to the pace of the bowler. Very little running by the third man is involved, thus it would be very hard to run 2 regardless of how slow the fielder moves.

As opposed to the 30-yard circle where you could hit it into a gap; then very slow fielders would take a long time to get to the ball.

As I've said before, you are entitled to your opinion, but if you're going to start adding lines to your message saying that my opinion is invalid, you'll start becoming a troll. I am looking at the situation objectively and logically.

varunschuey

Club Captain
The point it that it wasn't meant to be a demonstration of gameplay; it was meant to be a demonstration of graphics.
Therefore any comments you have on the screens should be based on how they look rather than trying to extrapolate about gameplay.

Firstly, the aesthetics of the Spider would have improved manifold if it depicted shots all around the ground and would have made for greater graphical appeal.

Secondly, Spider graphs are a great tool for analysis in real life as well as Cricket games. I always used to look at my Spider graph to see if I was getting Stroke Variation (AbBh) in EA 07.

This is not just any other screenshot from which you cannot deduce game play. This is plainly obvious and I am not nitpicking but just pointing it out to the developers so that it can be addressed.

----------

An edge to third man in real life tends to go directly to the fielder, and normally very quickly due to the pace of the bowler. Very little running by the third man is involved, thus it would be very hard to run 2 regardless of how slow the fielder moves.

As opposed to the 30-yard circle where you could hit it into a gap; then very slow fielders would take a long time to get to the ball.

As I've said before, you are entitled to your opinion, but if you're going to start adding lines to your message saying that my opinion is invalid, you'll start becoming a troll. I am looking at the situation objectively and logically.

I said 'Please'. Sorry if it still came across as rude.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It is a screenshot where you cannot deduce gameplay, sooner people get that the better.

In terms if setting it up, we wanted a 50 and there are enough times where people screw up and go out - got better things to do than worry about the nitpicking and reverse engineering and looking for things that are frankly not there.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Firstly, the aesthetics of the Spider would have improved manifold if it depicted shots all around the ground and would have made for greater graphical appeal.

True. And would have taken someone off their job for a good couple of hours in order to prove something they weren't out to prove.

I'd say not time well spent - Why not wait and judge the gameplay on the gameplay and for now judge the visuals on the visuals? Life's too short. :-)

Users who are viewing this thread