BLC On windows XP(Help!) - Possible Solution on P4!!

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Then It is totally unexplainable how baz got the files... Please explain it to me.........

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
i am just saying that i THINK that baz's file is NOT SPECIAL.the game will still run if baz's procedure is followed exactly.

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
I tried out the procedure without the exe (new ones given by baz).. And it does not work like you said ritwik....

If what you is right then I think the patch from Codemasters should also work.

gold206

School Cricketer
I am trying to play BLC on WinXP when double click on 3dfx icon it gives a error it say "ERROR:UNABLE TO LOAD FUCTION: GLIDE2X.DLL:_GUDRAWTRIANGLEWITHCLIP@12" Can anyone please help me to get BLC to work on WinXP. Thanks in Advance.

sorrydaijin

Club Captain
Yes...it works in XP!! Nooo...My CD is scratched!!

I was very exited when I came across this forum and read about the XP patch. I dusted off my brian lara cd and started to install, but the cd is in pretty bad condition and after taking forever to get to 12%, the installation died.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH!!!

Step in Blindread.... I made a blindread image (*.BWI, *.BWT) and mounted this in daemon-tools and attempted a minimum install, as the cd data is on the HDD anyway. after overwriting the exes, I ran the game and it worked fine. (Although I remembered it looking better) Anyway.... just wanted to share the warm and fuzzy feeling I got.

Thanks to all involved

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Does anyone remember the reason why you don't get sound in XP when playing BLC. I get sound and commentary at my place.. But at a friends place the game hangs up at the toss.

I tried pressing the arrow keys at the Lara picture as well as turning the sound off but nothing helped....... Anyone with any more ideas ?????

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
i think it has got to do with the exe files which are not compatible with XP in their native state.If you use the files from the site given above it should function perfectly.

HarshGandhi

School Cricketer
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>Hi all (especially BAZ, as he seems to have a decent solution for every problem!) I tried doing a normal installation on WIndows 2000. I did it for the first time. IT WORKED!!! I played for 2 hrs. Next day, i started it up again, and the "wait" timer icon comes on for a few seconds, then it goes away and screen is as it was. I kept tryin. I uninstalled, reinstalled! I even rebooted Windows 2000! It still doesnt wrk. Now, I am planning to try nd cpy the files to the hd etc. But i am still wondering, why did it wrk for the first time?...if u do find a solution, please reply in the other topic (also by me...it talks bout BLC in Windows 2k)! Thnx!
Harsh</span>

hposter

School Cricketer
I had a cracked BLC which worked very well on Win 98. (It's basically the same as the original BLC, except that all .exe
files are about 8MB size). I upgraded to XP and now
it doesn't work.

Anyone in similar situation found a way to make it work? Will be grateful if you can reply back, Thanks!

hposter

School Cricketer
I tried with the files from cloud.hosting.com. They worked ok, just that I can't get the sound/commentary :(

jupiter

School Cricketer
[color=#000000:post_uid14]:D
I think I have a solution here. I recently got a PC with Windows XP and being a cricket fan, i was very disappointed not being able to run BLC after buying the CD. Tried and tried for ages, but finally got a solution from Codemasters.

Problem: BLC not running on XP
Symptom: System returns to desktop after you click either 'riva tnt' or '3dfx' or 'software' or any other 'running' option
Solution: Go to http://cloud.prohosting.com/ghostbot/
Download the patches (you might need a different unzipping utility). Extract and save them into your BLC folder. Now run the game... you're on !!
:laugh:
There might be some glitches still. FOr eg., in one of the classic matches, after playing really well, the screen just went black and i was thrown back to the desktop. But that has happened like once in 20 times[/color]

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
There might be some glitches still. FOr eg., in one of the classic matches, after playing really well, the screen just went black and i was thrown back to the desktop. But that has happened like once in 20 times
That's not a glitch with WinXP only.That's been a problem in blc as such,even in normal matches in win98.

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
The Blc exe files given on the cloud site is only an exe for running the game in XP and that too with a CD. Those who want to run the game without the CD in XP, then crack the software on ur own..............

ahsan

School Cricketer
I downloaded the D3D Low from the cloud site and can any one tell me how to unzip it? If any one has got the D3D low.exe' can you send it me on [email protected], so I can get Brian Lara working on my Windows XP.

Users who are viewing this thread