BLIC 07 Preview

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The shot placement implementation has been changed for blic07 anyway, we didn't try the game on key's but I think you will actually get the ball to go to more than 8 places if it works how it was described to us.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
fanirama said:
I will buy BLIC 2K7 if the below are true -

1. No Starforce protection on the DVD
2. Properly implemented advanced shots and sweep
3. Ability to skip bowling and simulate parts of game
4. Ability to save at any point in the game ( at over end is fine )
5. Ability to mod easily

Else, forget BLIC 2K7

1. Unfortunately it will be there.
2. In.
3. In.
4. Was in the last game. :confused:
5. We don't know yet, but knowing Codemasters other games, they won't make it easy. One thing I will mention is for TRD 3, there was some progress towards modding, and Codemasters released something for it. So maybe there is hope!

Last edited:

manee

Chairman of Selectors
With 4, I think he means that you could only save at the beginning of each over, it was awkward...imo there should be more options at the end of an over.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
manee said:
With 4, I think he means that you could only save at the beginning of each over, it was awkward...imo there should be more options at the end of an over.

Well the end of an over and beginning of an over are generally quite close to each other...

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Yes I know, and I am not complaining about it, it is that it has to be before the first delivery of the over, so if you accedentally press X, you have to wait for the over before saving it.

Dont blame the messenger, Im just saying what I think he means :).

PS Colin, do you know about that thing that was said about Codies using the online community's fields?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
manee said:
PS Colin, do you know about that thing that was said about Codies using the online community's fields?

Codies asked us to start a thread to suggest fields to be used in the game which we will be doing very soon.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
here is something that I posted on the codemasters website and would like your input on this...

"I see so many useless comments in here..minor things that wont influence the game all that much or increase its longevity. Things like sledging or super deliveries....those things are miniscule and things which you add to the game once its more or less up to standard to how it should be. Little things you can fix with a simple patch...

The most major thing for me and something which i expected would be a major consideration for ALL on this forum since we're all lovers of cricket - the inclusion of STATS tracking! Despite fixing up the bugs and whatnot and adding in some more things like advancing down the pitch, reverse sweep, I think that nothing else will increase the game's longevity more than a proper stats tracking system. Something Codemasters has always lacked and one thing that EA certainly did better (eventhought their efforts were still dismal in comparison to games like FIFA etc).

Seriously people....why dont anyone regard stats as a MUST HAVE for this game? Leaving it out was the main reason why BLC 2005 felt so arcadey and the reason i got bored with it so soon. We want wagonwheels, spiders, manhattans, random stats popping up on screen like the last time a boundary was hit, batasman's average throughout a tournament coming up at the bottom of the screen when he walks in to bat. Maybe a batsman who has an average of 60 during a tournament would come out batting with a higher confidence rating than someone who's made 3 ducks in 4 games....Stuff like that is what keeps people interested and is certainly one of the reasons i love cricket.

Until Codemasters ad a significant amount of individual player stats tracking and stats features Im affraid BLC 2007 will become just as boring just as fast as BLC 2005 and all the animations and graphics improvements in the world wont be able to cover up the lack of substance in the game.

Please consider this....if you include things like these which keeps the player interesed it would make BLC 2007 stand out head and shoulders above any other cricket game ever made."

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
And as I said, it is something that has been discussed and there will atleast be tournament stats this time, which is an improvement on 2005. Stats aren't really mentioned as needing to be added we assume they will be there, which isn't unreasonable!

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I have to admit that I agree with you that stats are a major part of cricket and thus should be of cricket gaming.
We've been demanding stat tracking in cricket games for god knows how long now.
Hopefully we can make Codies realise that we see it as a priority for the next release.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Valas when the last Blic came out everyone pretty much complained about the lack of stats, so I don't think anyone felt the need to keep on saying it over and over again. It was a massive oversight, and something that everyone hopes they have sorted.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Well Im sorry im harly on this site so from what i assumed everyone just goes on about things that I feel are less important. People seem to think theres a need to go on about those things so why not go on about the lack of stats...

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Valaskjalf said:
Well Im sorry im harly on this site so from what i assumed everyone just goes on about things that I feel are less important. People seem to think theres a need to go on about those things so why not go on about the lack of stats...

To be fair there were some bigger issues from 2005. For example the running between the wickets, bowling speeds and lack of sweepshot/advance shot.
Stats is something that greatly adds to the game but it's still possible to have a good game without whereas the others tend to be more game-breaking imo.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Valaskjalf said:

I agree as well, people do seem to ask for some ridiculous things like award ceremonies and man of the match presentations, drinks breaks/carts, but there were a fair few people, myself included, who thought their lack of stats in the last one was pretty poor. :cheers

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
puddleduck said:
I agree as well, people do seem to ask for some ridiculous things like award ceremonies and man of the match presentations, drinks breaks/carts, but there were a fair few people, myself included, who thought their lack of stats in the last one was pretty poor. :cheers

I think piss poor is the word you are looking for. A world tour (a great idea - take note ea) is pointless without stats, so you can monitor players performance in each country, and overall.

Someone tell codies to introduce player rankings for test and odi aswell that change based on players performances. Now that would be excellent. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread