Votes: 34 40.0%
  • other

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah!!! I got it, and ive expressed my feelings on it in the Cricket 04 forum under my name. C07 and BLIC07 are way better...

dullahman

School Cricketer
I found blc07 to be boring and tiring at the same time. Continuos fieldin for long overs..always on edge to catch a ball etc, nt really fun. Playing crick07 extensively..its very easy to fool the ai to score extra runs, makes for a more "funner" game, esp considering tehre are more cups to get

dippa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
online play. that is all.

pretty much all AI issues become irrelevant if you're not playing the AI. the amount of work to be done just to get the ck07 AI up to a pathetic standard (which is a compliment from what it started from) is tremendous. very little work has started on blic so far, and there is the promise of a patch - but this is more likely to be related to things like online bugs, graphical anomolies, scoring bugs (in one online game my score went from 8/3 to 4/5 after a dot ball) and other non-gameplay mechanics.

besides, at the very least the blic AI is aggressive, something that can't be said for EA's AI - anyone remember bowling 10+ maidens in a row?

sure classic matches, tests with proper names and the like are nice to have, but you're being really picky if names bother you considering the mountains of other problems the cricket game franchise has had.

Mars Maximus

International Coach
Well even though I got over 400 runs in less than 20 overs once, I was still bowled out, so that's something lol I was getting almost sad if I had to bat the fifty, so you can be bowled out which is good.....at least.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
BLIC 07. Because the online play (for me so far) has been smooth and very similar to the real game. Most runs scored on me in a 20/20 is 211, and I chased that down with 3 balls to spare.. With online play, you can actually prove how good you are. Most of the games are exciting, and go until the last over or so. It runs pretty smooth for me, and that makes it even better.

playkid12

Club Captain
BLIC because of online play. Its actually fun.

Both games suck at one player though...way too easy. In both games, I can put ridiculous scores up against the computer and get the computer out pretty fast. Theyre both very unrealistic and TOO easy (even in the most difficult setting).

BLIC's online play redeems the game, whereas cric07 has no redeeming qualities.

playkid12

Club Captain
The squads in Cric07 are old...but that doesn't mean that the squads in BLIC07 are new...lol

I dont know man. I like BLIC more. It's just more fun. Cric 07 is a lil too slow paced for my taste. I mean, both games are buggy and need improvement. In both games, you can post crazy totals and get the computer out in no time. Especially cric 07...they play the same shots if you put the ball in a certain area..and all you need to do is put a fielder in the trajectory of the ball and the batsman will get out caught. Basically, if you've played Cricket 05, cricket 07 isnt much of an improvement. It contains almost all of the bugs of its predecessor. The positive is that you can choose not to see where the bowler pitches the ball, making the game pretty difficult. On the other hand, BLIC 07 doesn't have the trajectory bug, but the computer doesn't pace itself at all. Also, catching is SO hard in blic07, but it kinda balances the fact that the game is so easy. Seriously, I recommend blic07 for the computer or xbox 360...or anything with online play bc the single player in both games is garbage. The AI in any cricket game is just too stupid. But if you really love cricket...get one of em. But be prepared to make some crazy totals and unrealistic victories regardless of the game you choose...

Overall, I lean toward BLIC07. Cric07 just isn't as fun. People say that BLIC07 is more "arcade-like" and cric07 is more realistic, but thats bull. Both of the games are unrealistic. Both of the AIs suck. Both are too easy. If the positive in cricket 07 is that you can choose front and back foot, the positive in BLIC is you can pinpoint where exactly you want to hit the ball. Seriously, either way you're not gonna be too happy with the game you get. But its better than having no cricket game at all. Getting BLIC07 for the computer's another story though - but only because of multiplayer.

Both of these games were released a bit early for profit. Cric07 was right in time for the ashes, and BLIC07 for the world cup. So they feel a bit incomplete.

Last edited:

formula1man

International Cricketer
thanks playkid12 and every one else i think i will buy BLIC07. because from the small amounts i have played both games BLIC seems more realistic and a little bit harder i mean igot beat by scotland(on balanced mode)

after playing BLIC07 (had to take it back to the video shop yesterday :( .)
i went to play BLIC05 and i thought that was a joke it looked really crappy compared to BLIC07 and to think i thought BLIC07 wasn't any better than 05 at first

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread