Bonus Point System and Bye Weeks

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Whoa! Thats too harsh on batsmen for getting out on a duck, isn't it?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Whoa! Thats too harsh on batsmen for getting out on a duck, isn't it?
You can always not play your star player if you don't want the risk, but in most cases the stats boost should balance things out.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm kind of confused here - if a star player, who is a pure bowler gets out for a duck batting at 11 then why should he lose 2 rating points?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
PCPL3 was simmed using CS09, a T20 sim. We surely can't get 12.0 E/R in CricSim.

----------

One off instance maybe.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
PCPL3 was simmed using CS09, a T20 sim. We surely can't get 12.0 E/R in CricSim.
Okay, we'll sim the first round and judge from there if it is suitable. Likewise if the duck thing occurs too often I'll find another way of penalising - perhaps a slow run rate?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Duck is alright, I think. It's random. E/R thing is also fine, should be 8 or 9 at max though.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Ah I assumed you meant in their specialty. Once again star bowlers lose out as star batters won't bowl.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
You just fill me full of confidence.
Well the reasoning is that the star player is your huge signing, the points impact is part of that - your star player is the attention grabber, if they perform well they should bring the whole team up and gain lots of bonus points - but if they do badly they suffer equally.

It's a gamble you can take with your team selection - again, you don't have to play the star player.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Unless it's a poor pitch,9 out of 10 times,you won't lose more than 6-7 wickets in a 35 over match,not with the usual ratings at least.

Users who are viewing this thread