Bowling issues.

saulman55

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So I've been playing the game on and off since release and I'm at a loss as to how I should bowl at the ai. Even on the easiest difficulty against the worst teams I get clattered around regardless of bowling plans. James Anderson away swingers on a 4th stump line ? Smacked around through the offside. A slightly more McGrath plan of bowling for the top of off stump with variation gets me repeatedly straight driven. Suprise bouncers repeatedly hooked and pulled, the wickets I do take seem to have nothing to do with my skill or the quality of the delivery I have bowled the game just seems to decide that it's time for a wicket. Anyone else struggling to build any pressure ?

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So I've been playing the game on and off since release and I'm at a loss as to how I should bowl at the ai. Even on the easiest difficulty against the worst teams I get clattered around regardless of bowling plans. James Anderson away swingers on a 4th stump line ? Smacked around through the offside. A slightly more McGrath plan of bowling for the top of off stump with variation gets me repeatedly straight driven. Suprise bouncers repeatedly hooked and pulled, the wickets I do take seem to have nothing to do with my skill or the quality of the delivery I have bowled the game just seems to decide that it's time for a wicket. Anyone else struggling to build any pressure ?

Really? I am finding picking up wickets easy on Veteran AI/Hard Bowling in Test Matches. Which Control Mechanism are you using?

Most of the Wickets I am getting are really planned ones(although I do get a few wickets with the batsman playing on a different line altogether)

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360

How close to the line are you bowling, is it on easy or medium difficulty?

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Your best route is to go with a familiar stock ball for 5 deliveries and then go for a swinger or bouncer somewhere in the over. Too many variations just won’t help.

Keep an eye on where the edges are going as you can then plug the gap with a fielder or two.

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Turn up the slider called ai wicket chance. Its default on 50 try 60 and see how that goes.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England

What you’re describing sounds like Ashes Cricket! You have bought Cricket 19 right?

I want to contribute something constructive but am at a loss. I’m loving the realism of bowling, the edges in particular. That sense of suddenly the AI is trying to get out has gone.

Have you played anymore, noticed any difference?

Nakul kalra

School Cricketer
Hi I am new to cricket 19 (never played any big ant cricket game before) and really struggling with the bowling, I am unable to figure out how to control the direction of the bowl as whenever I try to bowl an out swinger or in swinger it always goes wide. I also tried to learn it through tutorial but they didn’t mention it there as well, all they explained was different type of balls. Can someone help me with this ? I am playing it on switch.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi I am new to cricket 19 (never played any big ant cricket game before) and really struggling with the bowling, I am unable to figure out how to control the direction of the bowl as whenever I try to bowl an out swinger or in swinger it always goes wide. I also tried to learn it through tutorial but they didn’t mention it there as well, all they explained was different type of balls. Can someone help me with this ? I am playing it on switch.
If it always end up wide, the pointer needs to be positioned appropriately. Try aiming the deliveries opposite to the direction you want to swing.
For out swing, aim the pointer towards fine leg. For in swing, aim the pointer towards 3rd slip.

graham

Club Captain
I find bowling far too easy , playing world cup matches bowling the opponents out between 75 all out cheapest and highest is 255 all out.
IF i bat first then put a decent score up i know the AI can't chase it down.
Batting second the AI gets in the 150 to 250 margin.
the AI needs looking into for setting or chasing totals.

D

Deleted member 193590

I find bowling far too easy , playing world cup matches bowling the opponents out between 75 all out cheapest and highest is 255 all out.
IF i bat first then put a decent score up i know the AI can't chase it down.
Batting second the AI gets in the 150 to 250 margin.
the AI needs looking into for setting or chasing totals.

Have you tried lowering the wicket chance slider?

graham

Club Captain
No I will try that , I hate messing with the sliders , they can make game so unbalanced sometimes .
Thx

chunky120717

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England

I noticed that in Cricket 17 when aiming I presumed it was like EA cricket games where you moved the direction indicator totally to the left or the right but doing that in these titles means the ball barely pitches on the cut strip, regardless of the type of delivery.... You only need to move the direction stick slightly to the left or right to change line. And the more subtle you are with it, particularly when using swing/seam movement, the more results from false shots and swinging bats you get.

N Jones

Club Captain
Good post this..I'm currently playing the world cup as England and I'm having to score at at least a run a ball as I know the AI will score well so I need a run rate of at least 6 per over to start

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Change the control setting from classic to standard.

Other than that just practice in the.nets

Nige

School Cricketer
Your best route is to go with a familiar stock ball for 5 deliveries and then go for a swinger or bouncer somewhere in the over. Too many variations just won’t help.

Keep an eye on where the edges are going as you can then plug the gap with a fielder or two.

I've found that bowling 5 stock balls per over has the batsman to comfortable.
I get better results with more variation but not every ball.

Users who are viewing this thread