Bowling needs to be more threatning!

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I know you can bowl different types of delivery but there is no sense of a magic delivery that really bamboozle the batmen getting him bowled/LBW or nick to the keeper , the bowl swing and seam too much and still easily handled by the AI yet the same type of delivery can get AI in all sort of trouble , that just seem so random , I mean what if you can reduce the amount of swing/seam but that one delivery that moves twice of the normal deliveries (should be randomly base on bowlers skill , that is higher the skill higher chance of that happening) resulting in a wicket will make the bowling all more satisfying.

your thoughts?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
It will be great for multiplayer game as well , as the player will be cautious of the big moving delivery and not look to slog all the time and more over it will make bowling more fun and rewarding if you manage to pick your buddy out on a big unexpectedly moving delivery

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I dont own the game yet [PC] but few stuff which has been really positive to me from bowling side of things in this version are:

-You get hit when bowling bad line or length..

-People who usual simulate bowling are willing to bowl in this..That in itself is a winner..

-We can see many having matches go upto 5th day in tests which hasnt happened before atleast..Which is another positive thing..

-The introduction of SEAM movement for pacers paves way to an incredible future in bowling mechanism in cricket gaming especially from BA..The influence of seam into the game will get better and better as we go on with this series of games..

-Next step should be the control of seam for spinners to control the angle of spin too that too with the speed which would make spin whole lot deep in the gameplay it would have..

So IMO its a really appreciable leap this time around and that too just from the seeing the gameplay..After playing this I would be out of this world I guess...:D

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know you can bowl different types of delivery but there is no sense of a magic delivery that really bamboozle the batmen getting him bowled/LBW or nick to the keeper , the bowl swing and seam too much and still easily handled by the AI yet the same type of delivery can get AI in all sort of trouble , that just seem so random , I mean what if you can reduce the amount of swing/seam but that one delivery that moves twice of the normal deliveries (should be randomly base on bowlers skill , that is higher the skill higher chance of that happening) resulting in a wicket will make the bowling all more satisfying.

In DBC17 after patch 4 , i am getting more number of bowleds per match but LBW's are very very rare .So i did put a constraint on myself not to bowl yorker length on middle and off stump to avoid AI getting bowled.
AI should be more competitive and should defend and hit every ball then only game would be more enjoyable .
If AI gives you easy wicket then why do we bowl differently and how can we enjoy bowling with skills.
Definitely DBC 17 needs only one fix for AI batting to yorker length deliveries. Except that game is complete.

D

Deleted member 185125

^And your point regarding Ashes Cricket is?
He has added his comments within the quote.

Edit: I thought you missed that. Not sure if it has to do with Ashes Cricket though.

bl8000

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I agree after a spin bowl I had last night. I pitched one off stump on like 6 stump and revved it up and the ball dug into the ground and I skid ripped that sucker across towards leg stump, it was so beautiful my jaw dropped.

Then the AI cleanly picked it out with a 4 slash to covers. No sweat for the AI. He was batsman 7 on zimbabwe. I cannot remember his name. Need to go see if he is rated super pro against wicked spin.

That bowl had LBW, bowled or nicked to slips all over it but nope.

I would say around 60% of the time I can feel what I do on the controls equals the success I have in the game, bowling wise. If that was moved up to 70% I would be super happy.

I just feel like AI wise if you could see the batting quality reduced as you made your way through their lineup bowling would feel even more right. AI seems to ignore the fact they are using a whoareya? Batsman.

Users who are viewing this thread