Bowling: Not able to bowl at right line

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
So I have restarted playing DBC14 and this issue has been with me all along. While bowling I just couldn't get the line of the bowl right, either it goes way wide or just straight, I am not able to tinker it slightly very often. I am using generic controllers. wanted to ask will an xbox 360 controller will possibly give me a better experience with it ? moreoever can I somehow the skillsettings/controller settings of DBC so that I have a better experience with getting line of the ball right

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So I have restarted playing DBC14 and this issue has been with me all along. While bowling I just couldn't get the line of the bowl right, either it goes way wide or just straight, I am not able to tinker it slightly very often. I am using generic controllers. wanted to ask will an xbox 360 controller will possibly give me a better experience with it ? moreoever can I somehow the skillsettings/controller settings of DBC so that I have a better experience with getting line of the ball right
You can swing the ball if you are tired of bowling straight.

kashan123999

You can swing the ball if you are tired of bowling straight.

I am "NOT" tired of bowling straight; I repeat, I am "NOT" tired of bowling straight. I am just failing repeatedly, even with decent practice, to get my line right. most of the time it just drags to far leg or far off and goes for a wide. I am not able to control it precisely to bowl atleast wide of the stump(if not exactly around corridor of uncertainty). Now, read rest of my message. Thankyou.

kashan123999

:lol
@Sodium
How dare you be kind and offer this guy some advice can’t you see he isn’t tired...

I was trying to imply that it wasn't about me getting tired of bowling straight, and I do swing the ball while bowling straight. I just want a much more refined control of my line and it is next to impossible to do it for me with my controller, it always goes way far off/leg.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I was trying to imply that it wasn't about me getting tired of bowling straight, and I do swing the ball while bowling straight. I just want a much more refined control of my line and it is next to impossible to do it for me with my controller, it always goes way far off/leg.
In that case, you need to have a fine control over the joystick. Ground practice is a very good option to improve your bowling.

Don't move the Analog stick too wide. While releasing the ball make sure to direct the stick slightly towards the off stump (again, don't move it completely).
Hope this helped. But my suggestion is that you bowl straight on to the stumps with often offcutter or legcutter. You will get the wickets irrespective of the type of ball you bowled. :)

kashan123999

In that case, you need to have a fine control over the joystick. Ground practice is a very good option to improve your bowling.

Don't move the Analog stick too wide. While releasing the ball make sure to direct the stick slightly towards the off stump (again, don't move it completely).
Hope this helped. But my suggestion is that you bowl straight on to the stumps with often offcutter or legcutter. You will get the wickets irrespective of the type of ball you bowled. :)

Ahan, thankyou so much. Apologies for sounding shitty above. btw is it that I would have a better control if I opt xbox360 controller instead of using a generic controller ( which I have always used)..because sometimes I feel I have practiced alot, but still can't fine tune the line of the bowl. thanks.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Ahan, thankyou so much. Apologies for sounding shitty above. btw is it that I would have a better control if I opt xbox360 controller instead of using a generic controller ( which I have always used)..because sometimes I feel I have practiced alot, but still can't fine tune the line of the bowl. thanks.
I too use a generic controller. No idea about how useful xbox360 controller prove to be. :)

Users who are viewing this thread